Collaros vs Willy

IC Khari

Im kinda confused as to why walters or mcmanus would feel the need to lie to us about that.. To keep willy happy? Doubtful.. To keep us happy? Also doubtful... So really, when they say it was drew willy as #1 then why presume it's a lie?

When they signed Willy, what were they supposed to say, "Hey, we got out THIRD choice... High five!" Willy's their man because they signed their man. Who cares about Collaros & Burris  anyway? 

I firmly believe Willy was the Bombers number one target based on comments made by Walters and McManus a couple months before free agency began. I also believe the Bombers wanted to pair Willy with either Collaros or Burris.

hmmm, really, cause I seem to remember that they were saying they wanted Collaros. Maybe I mistook something for what fans were saying, and what media was saying in the papers and on TV. Granted they don't have all the 'facts' but it was pretty obvious to me Zack was the guy being targeted. Willy was being talked  as well but not as serious. And do you honestly think that if Burris took the offer (that is a fact, not a made up thing by media members) the bombers made him as soon as he was released, that the bombers would have traded for Willy, another pending free agent, and offered him 'starters' money or close to it so he'd sign here to hang with Burris? I guess that last part is possible but I don't think they would have 'traded' for him and Willy would have entertained other offers for sure (most likely Montreal or Ottawa). That though is now purely speculation on my part. I never saw the Collaros thing coming. 

Im kinda confused as to why walters or mcmanus would feel the need to lie to us about that.. To keep willy happy? Doubtful.. To keep us happy? Also doubtful... So really, when they say it was drew willy as #1 then why presume it's a lie?

When they signed Willy, what were they supposed to say, "Hey, we got out THIRD choice... High five!" Willy's their man because they signed their man. Who cares about Collaros & Burris  anyway? 

Yep - exactly! And I for one am happy they got him. I really like Willy. Sometimes the best choice is the one made for you. 

Yep - exactly! And I for one am happy they got him. I really like Willy. Sometimes the best choice is the one made for you. 

Collaros is only 6 feet tall & has a funny sidearm throwing motion. He can extend plays with his legs for sure. I was disappointed we didn't sign him, I'll admit that but seeing Drew Willy in action, maybe we did alright. ;)

Has anyone seen Collaros play for Hammy yet?? I think we've all seen Willy play for us so it could be a little premature to compare the two.... Collaros joins a team that's more ready to win now so that should give him an advantage.... I'm actually looking forward to seeing Ham's first game cuz I'm curious to see how Collaros does...