Jets Forum

are we still convinced that Maurice deserves a big extension, now that the magic pixie dust has worn off?

I'm not sure, I don't think I'd be upset either way. I'd still like to see Carlyle here, despite what's gone on in Toronto. I think we have a better roster than Toronto and Carlyle could take us to the playoffs if Chevy does a reasonable job in the offseason.

The Jets roster is too far loaded with AHL crossover players, below average NHL'rs and inferior slightly below average goal=tending.

You could hand that roster to the ghosts of Scotty Bowman, Toe Blake & Mike Babcock and you might end up 2 or 3 points better than what Noel & Maurice coaxed outta them. 

Jet ownership and management get thru potential fan rebellions by being forthright and talkative, sending out Chevldayoff every so often to provide a state of the union. Chipman also emerges from the lair on occasion. 

Even if Maurice signs on for 3 more years the form chart on the Jets is they'll do little other than signing up the odd mid-card free agent (Clitsome & Ellerby types) and draft someone we didn't think they would with their first round selection. 

Virtually the same core will come back next season - perhaps missing a few from the Setoguchi, Jokinen, Wright, THorburn, Tangredi, Pardy, etc. list.

Next year I see more of the same. A nice long winning run around the mid-season mark, more injuries mainly due to inferior training and conditioning and the normal swan dive down the stretch. This year Jets will be officially eliminated with 4 or 5 games left on the docket.

They might get it down to 3 or 4 next year.