A very good o-line and a decent QB vs a weak o-line and a hall of fame QB

IC Khari

Burris is gone and quite frankly (no pun intended) it may not be the worst thing that has ever happened to this franchise despite the angst on here yesterday.  :P With our current o-line Burris may have been able to do some things but we still would not have the ability to move the ball at will at times like the better teams (with good o-lines) do. Besides the fact that we would not be able to afford to upgrade the line, Burris is almost at his best before date. If we use the money that would have went to him and invest it in rebuilding that line (both draft and FA over the next few seasons) we will be much better off in the long run than if we had paid ole Smilin' Stank a big wad of cash. It's not sexy but a guy like Willy and a much improved o-line could take us much further in the next few seasons than Burris IMO. And it's not just because his career may be winding down. Fix that line and get a competent if not good QB and we'll be further ahead than we've been in about 7 years, coincidentally the last time we spent some coin on the o-line. Hopefully we can get a good o-lineman to sign here. When it comes to pending FA's ... somebody's got to be a risk taker ...  ;)

Yeah, I really like how on this forum, the vast majority of the threads are tied to concrete news events.  Burris signed, Muamba released, Walters on CJOB, and so forth.

We have comparatively few threads of the "guys here's how I feel about the Bombers!" variety.

What I'd actually like to know is who are we wasting cap money on ?

How many players are we actually vastly overpaying ?

Compare our talent to any other team and it seriously doesn't make sense how were spending similarly.