Calgary @ Edmonton FNF

Mr Dee

Reilly starts for Edmonton. (So does that "non-starter for the rest of the year" Rottier).

Does this quote from an Edmonton fan sound familiar?

"First time in my life I've ever said this...

...Edmonton's playing Calgary tonight, and I honestly don't care."

Last week, Matt Nichols amped up his recovery from knee surgery to include some light jogging up and down the Commonwealth Stadium stairs. 

Juicy, but foolish: apparently Rennie Curran tweeted Cornish and said he would  limit the damage done by Cornish.

Cornish is riding a three-game streak with 100-plus rushing yards.

Calgary's Kevin Glenn is 10-2 as a starter this year.

~~~~~~

Toronto @ Winnipeg - Sat.

-Bombers will be rotating 4 DEs in their game Sat. when Michael McAdoo joins Peach, Griggs and Mainor.

-Winnipeg will be looking to win back-to-back games for the first time since August 2011. They have failed in their last 10 attempts to produce a winning streak.

-Winnipeg had been plagued by slow starts this season, but the Argos are currently experiencing the same thing. Toronto has trailed after the first quarter for four games in a row.

Zen Master Tim Burke : 

"The thing we’ve tried to focus on in the last few weeks is just play it one play at a time, reading your keys one play at a time, performing your technique one play at a time," said Burke Friday after the Bombers’ pre-game walkthrough at Investors Group Field. "Don’t dwell on what happened previously in the game. Don’t think ahead about what could happen or what we need to do in the future. Just concentrate on that one play.

"I guess we’re into Zen football."

I like Calgary but really... who cares? I've seen some bad football this season. Not just from the Bombers. The Eskimos most game & Als at times this season haven't been very good. What are attendance & tv numbers this season?

Doesn't matter to me. It's really no different than most years. You get the good teams and you get the bad teams. There are cycles. You know that. But it's still CFL football. It's still entertaining for me.

Look at the drama you see with Hervey and Reed and the calling out of O-Linemen. 

Look at the emergence of Reilly as a legit QB, never mind a gumby character who bends and folds after every hit...and still gets up to throw again. Remarkable.

Look at what K. Glenn has done to resurrect his career. B. Jones to start his. Cornish and his pursuit of records.

I think fan support is still there and viewership is still high despite TSN's attempt at Rod-BLACK-outs.

Have some wine iso or some brandy.

Sit back, relax and enjoy.