Barker comments on cutting Alex Brink

bluto

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/28/ar ... -extension

it's nominally an article about the talks to extend Ray's contract, but we finally got some info about Brink thrown in at the end:

In Trevor Harris and Zach Collaros, the Argos have two young arms who now have one year under their belt.

Both joined Ray at the team’s mini-camp in Florida last month and the Argos were encouraged at what they saw.

“They were more comfortable in the offence,’’ said Barker. “Both Trevor and Zach read things much easier this year. Both are ready to compete and it’s going to be a great competition for the No. 2 and No. 3 spots.”

Unless something dramatically goes awry, Ray will be the incumbent.

There’s no proven CFL veteran under contract, a role Jarious Jackson filled last season.

The battle for the backup position and third-stringer pits Harris, Collaros and Mitchell Gale, who beat out former Winnipeg starter and backup Alex Brink.

Gale also attended the Argos’ session in Florida and later auditioned for the St. Louis Rams in the NFL.

In a nutshell, the Double Blue had to decide between Gale and Brink.

“I didn’t like having to do it, but you have to do what you have to do,’’ said Barker.

What impressed Barker was Gale’s touch on deep balls, his mobility and presence.

The CFL is such a fluid business that Brink may one day resurface.

“Alex has at least been introduced to our system,’’ said Barker.

“And he’s a veteran guy. It would be wrong to say he’s never going to be back. You never know. This league is small.”

“I didn’t like having to do it, but you have to do what you have to do,’’ said Barker.

2agsz76.gif

i have no idea what your image is supposed to mean... but i find it oddly fascinating... :shock:

2agsz76.gif

i have no idea what your image is supposed to mean... but i find it oddly fascinating... :shock:

Me too ;) I guess it's my twisted way of inferring that Barker has come out of his shell about the Brink thing ...