Need Some Mac Help

I'm no computer expert. Hopefully some smart peeps here can point me in the right direction. 

I have an older MacBook Pro. I bought a Blu Ray burner as the SuperDrive doesn't work. It burns dvd's fine. 

I use iMovie to create movies. I downloaded Roxio toast 14 to create the blu Ray menu etc. But whenever I click burn it crashes. 

So I downloaded another program which was not cheap (Leawo).  I selected to create an ISO and burn. It got through everything but failed right at the end (like 5+ hours into it)

i then used finder and just tried to burn the ISO file. Again it seemed to write the track fine. But failed at the end of verification. 

Help!?!

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm no computer expert. Hopefully some smart peeps here can point me in the right direction. 

I have an older MacBook Pro. I bought a Blu Ray burner as the SuperDrive doesn't work. It burns dvd's fine. 

I use iMovie to create movies. I downloaded Roxio toast 14 to create the blu Ray menu etc. But whenever I click burn it crashes. 

So I downloaded another program which was not cheap (Leawo).  I selected to create an ISO and burn. It got through everything but failed right at the end (like 5+ hours into it)

i then used finder and just tried to burn the ISO file. Again it seemed to write the track fine. But failed at the end of verification. 

Help!?!

Which burner did you buy?  

If you are having the same problem with different software packages, I would start trouble shooting whether the burner itself has compatibility problems with the mac or if the discs you are burning to are bad.

Unfortunately burning to either DVDs or Blue Rays is on the decline, I would guess there isn't a lot of current info and updates out there on this.

got two samsung things, TV and printer. Manuals for both are incomprehensible to me.

is there an advantage to disk, over putting it onto a drive of some sort?

but sorry, can't help you with the problem.

Edited by Mark F