Playoff Position

IC Khari

... as of right now we're in one! The Bombers are alone in the West in third place with 6 points. True we've played one more game than the Esks, but I'm enjoying it right now (I'm enjoying the Riders bringing up the rear in 5th almost as much as well :P:lol:).

38 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

... as of right now we're in one! The Bombers are alone in the West in third place with 6 points. True we've played one more game than the Esks, but I'm enjoying it right now (I'm enjoying the Riders bringing up the rear in 5th almost as much as well :P:lol:).

And even though the Esks have a game in hand, even if they were 3-4 right now we'd still be sitting in third because of our point differential with them. 

We're also in good shape having not played BC yet because those games can be four point swings for us if we were to win them. It's just a shame that we gave up two early-season losses to Calgary as catching up to them would be mathematically quite tough (especially with them having two games in hand). But maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself talking about ways to get to first or second place...

Edited by O2L

Getting ahead of yourself is very likely. I think 2 games does not a season make. Let's just say that should they continue to play as they have in the past two games they will win their share of games. Will they win them all - I doubt it. Will they win enough to make the playoffs - well if they play like they did, they will certain have their own destiny in their hands not someone else's . Bottom line is they have to play and be coached with a solid game plan each and every game to address the strengths and weaknesses of their opponents. The coaches cannot have blind loyalty to the players, it has to loyalty won through performance. The past two games have certainly given them a look at what they have and what mistakes they have made concerning player talent and game preparation. So let's see what happens in the next two games. If they win they will be on a role. If they split they will have found themselves and can build from that. If they lose then it was a blip on the horizon and there is work to do. In any case let's not jump ahead but instead enjoy the moment and look forward optimistically to the next game.