Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bluto

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bluto

  1. I see it as him finally being the shot-caller. He isn't a backup QB. A junior coach. A first time HC. He is a 3 time GC winning HC and GM with a big money contract who took over a franchise that can't afford to say "no" to him. For all we know, he's had a forceful personality all along but had to bite down on his opinions before because he wasn't who the buck stopped with until this season.
  2. Argos won in 2017 with a 9-9 record, but we were 1st in the East (after going 5-2 in our last 7)
  3. Apologies for the lateness of the reply. Busy weekend (Rush). Coach Din has his own way and his own vision. I think given enough time he will surround himself with coaches and players and be a big problem for the Eastern division and the rest of the league. I know that the Dru Brown thing set some people off. But whatever Dinwiddie's vision of a quarterback on his team is, I just don't think Brown fit it. And I don't necessarily think that's a knock on Brown. And ultimately, as you know, taking responsibility for the team will fall on the coach. So he can throw people under the bus in this phase of his tenure because it isn't really a team in his image yet... He won't be able to do that once all the players and coaches are his guys. And as it is, I would say that the Redblacks have the second lowest level of talent for a team in the league. So he's got some time to build something before he'll be held to account for results. As for what you said about Grant losing a step, for me his speed has always been weird. He's the fastest moving player on the field, but at full clip it looks like he's just taking it easy and jogging. And there are guys next to him trying to keep up who are in full on sprints. His return the other night was like that too. Look at the guy who's trying to catch him versus his nice and easy run. You can't teach speed, right?
  4. We stole one. If we could've stopped ourselves from turning it over 5 times, it'd have been a comfortable win. As it is, the turnovers are the story of the night. 2 of the picks were just brutal "what was he thinking?" tosses. And it's a shame because the defence obviously felt like they had something to prove after their disaster in Calgary and they were in fact awesome last night. 4-4 after our first 7 on the road, so we're home again next week right? Nope. Lots to work on (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) before we can even try to make a case for being in the upper tier, but likely we're best of the bottom 6.
  5. @SpeedFlex27 Hour and a half northeast of GTA. Bobcaygeon and stuff. @wbbfan Randolph is hurt. Knee.
  6. Nope. In Kawarthas being eaten by bugs.
  7. I reckon he'll get his chance to. We'd be nuts to line up any way other than planning to run-blitz Oliveira to heck and gone. Meanwhile, we'll have either an untested (albeit promising) 'ute at safety or a player we just days ago grabbed off waiver from Montreal (excellent pedigree, but new to playing Safety, I think) as well as having a stand-in at WIL. So I'd say Dru is going to have a free shot at being a hero and if he loses the race to 35 points, well then he won't be blamed for a loss since he was a fill in and the win wasn't guaranteed. For your D, the book on Kelly seems to be to cover deep and just test his patience until he finally is too tempted forces it into places where he can get picked. He isn't the Harris/Fajardo sort who'll take all of the free yards underneath all day and be glad for them, he wants to get his big-boy arm going and play rifleman.
  8. Seems like after this week that the Bombers and Argos should talk about Jake Herslow. Guy came on strong for us last season and picked up a nick coming out of camp and now is Kahmann-Blocked from our game day roster. Got a spare National Safety or WIL?
  9. Argos depth chart is up: https://static.cfl.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2026-Week-6-%40-WPG-PDF.pdf
  10. Monitoring Argo injury reports has been a bit of a ride this week. Earlier in the week Chatfield, Hunter, Picket and Polk were limited or didn't practice. All of them are "full" at practice now. And we yanked Shepley off of the 6-game and he's participating again. Judge will be a big miss for us at WIL. I have no clue how we put another National out there in his absence. The kid from Windsor, Ethan John, may have to go in at Safety, don't think we have a backup for that. I suppose this explains getting Rayam back (LB draftee from 2025, made it to the end of camp this season). Depth Charts for both teams ought to be revealing.
  11. Turns out, I was. ;) Great sign for us. This isn't one of the games on this road-trip from heck that I was counting on. Every pre season ranking had us 9th except one that had us 7th.
  12. First team to 35 wins?
  13. Looks like he's positioned to be the "lightning" in a thunder & lightning combo? In what little I've seen, he looked promising... but we couldn't run at all last season (for many reasons)... So he may be a good "value" fantasy player, or he may be the first attempt in a position that gets roster-churnned until someone sticks (which didn't happen in '25) Edit to add: @Booch I was reluctant to mention this (because I believe in jinxes), but I am actually more hopeful for the kid from Guelph who is in there with Hicks.
  14. Had to read that twice.
  15. "And just like that, the parade is back on in Toronto." Laughed so hard my employees came to check on me.
  16. Yes, we know it was rigged. No, we don't care.
  17. I hardly think that we need a third DC
  18. 1/2 time impression: With Doege v MBT, this was always going to be a defensive battle. Glad to have a lead at the half. Under most circumstances I'd feel good about having better adjustments and bringing this home. Maas however is the one HC that I rate on Coach Din's level. 30 minutes to go and maybe the season on the line.
  19. IDK if it's coming through on TSN, but the hitting is intense in the first quarter. Hate ending the 1st on a big play for the Als after holding them to nothing up till now. Time to powder my nose and buy the next round.
  20. Must win game #infinity. Hammrd before kickoff. Let's get weird.
  21. My team has gone 3 seasons without being able to do one, so I say why stop at Lock Of The Week? I would love it if the league adopted this rule too.
  22. The defending champions only have 4 of the top 50 players?
  23. It looked bad for Dukes on Friday. He started into a 3 club wind and just couldn't get going. Then in the second you'd think it would all come up Millhouse for him, but it didnt. By the fourth quarter on with both our 4 & 5 QB having had better night's than our #3... One of whom had only been with us a week... And our QB2 is a GC MOP... It was going to be time to wish Cameron all the best in his future endeavors. We had a very crowded RB room. And Coach Din isn't shy in parting ways with established backs (viz: Harris & Ouellette). I was more worried about having too many good OLs to use or protect. Wondering if a few might slip in the shower and get 6 gamed.
  24. "Receiver Kisses Quarterback's Ass Shocker" news at 11.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.