Gary Etchevery, defensive guru or street magician? 

You've all been to the cocktail party in question. Someone pulls out a deck of cards and puts on a show of prestidigitation and slight of hand. "Pick a card, any card", the magician tells you. The crowd is amazed. "Do it again they cry"! The magician obliges. He does it again. There is always one bright light in he room who sees thru the smoke and mirrors. But he's not about to spoil the act. "Again!" they cry. The magician, his ego inflated by the applause, performs the trick over and over again. Eventually there is only one duffus in the room who doesn't see thru the illusion. Eventually even he sees the light.

Imagine a cocktail party with all the CFL quarterbacks and offensive coordinators in attendance. Gary Etchevery is the lone defensive invitee. He pulls out his deck of cards shuffles them and begins his show. Well you already know what happens. The audience is initially impressed. Eventually as the party wears on everyone gets the trick.

For a third of the season GE made chicken salad from chicken feathers. Everyone bought into the stick. You don't need a big aggressive mean DL to disrupt an OL, give me a deck of small quick tweeners, shuffle them up, throw in a undersized linebacking core.....now watch my hands! Don't employ a system, no rules, switch them up, rotate them, shuffle them here there everywhere......watch my hands......

Well he didn't fool Penn and Teller, and it looks like Henry Burris was the last guy at the party to figure it out.