Should The Bombers Talk Jeff Saturday To Come Out Of Retirement To Snap On Punts?

USABomberfan

Jeff Saturday  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Bombers Try To Grab Him To Snap To Hajrullahu

• Yes
    • No

I say why not, this guy never misses a long snap.  We got snap issues every game so far since Wild has been out that have cost us points on punts, so why not go after a certified expert for snaps.  He wouldn't need to come in for any other play other than that, and who better than the pro of all centers, Jeff Saturday.

Okay just kidding, but damn, gotta be someone out there who is an expert LS.

To provide a serious answer to this, Chris Cvetkovic still lives in Winnipeg and would be readily accessible to step in as a Canadian (sorry, "National") roster player to boot who we know can do a great job at it. Obvious question is: What kind of game-ready shape would he be in? But I remember us being able to snap up (no pun intended) Taylor Inglis from Edmonton pretty quickly last year when Cvetty went down with injury to solve our long snapping chores, why the difficulty this year, especially when Chad Rempel was just scooped up by the Riders last week for the very same purpose?

For all the complaining about Joe Mack never going after free agents, it kind of seems that Walters and/or O'shea has a little bit of that going on in season.

I don't know if it's bad or not, but it seems like both the Bombers and Jets lately have a wait and see and trust the players you have attitude more than most other teams.