Thoughts On Alumni Stadium In Guelph?

1017264_591172270923719_739600087_n.jpg

There were a few of us Bomber fans out on Saturday but I'd say less than the exhibition game. Anyone from the forum make it out? If so what did you think? I'm gathering thoughts and opinions so I can rank the league's venues on my blog. IGF is definitely #1 based on my experiences.

The fans were really rough (on blue and gold jerseys) early on but it got better once they were seated. Always tough visiting the enemy but the blue collar Hamilton fans can be quite aggressive.

If you thought old CanadInns was bad at least you didn't have to wait in line to use a dirty porta-pot. There's also only one place to buy beer on each side of the stadium. You can get Canadian, Coors or Keystone light for $9 each (just under a pint). I guess that's a buck cheaper than domestic at IGF. It has a great tail gate atmosphere though which is something Ivor Wynne stadium never had. The staff are also really awesome and actually treat you like a human. Oh, plus they let you buy two beers a trip...

My thoughts (rant) on the game and the stadium /w some pics: http://www.bluebastard.ca/?p=293 (warning: insults from Hamiltonians quoted verbatim).

I'm hoping I can do a full review of it later so those living in MB can see just how good they have it.

Go Blue!

Ivor Wynne had some pretty damn good tailgates. huge field across the street that gets turned into a parking lot. been to many TGs there on many Labour Dabours... literally a thousand or more people.

and TC fans are well behaved at any homegame by comparison to how they treat fans in Double Blue on Labour Day. seriously, you likely got off light and don't even realize it.

You're probably right about Labour Day.  I've never had the privilege of going then.  I haven't seen much going on there for regular games though.  Hopefully they bring some of their new found energy in Guelph back home with them to their new digs.

Same pants I'm wearing in my avatar to the left.  Yes, I understand I make myself an easy target but it's all part of game day and I expect it.

Chaosmonkey, you just made my day, thanks!  I had just gotten off the plane the day of the home opener and was waiting for my ride.  I remember that car honking as it went by!

Waterloo?? i thought you were from parts unknown...