Argos sign WR LaVon Brazill

gbill2004

What makes the CFL a 'joke'  from that aspect for me is when a guy like Inman, Armstead, Ball, (insert Argos player here) gets cut with a valid contract to go to the NFL.

I don't have any issues with a guy not under contract going to the CFL, suspension or not.

I  bet the NFL paid Braley under the table to let those guys go. Slap in the face to the Argo fans... 

What makes the CFL a 'joke'  from that aspect for me is when a guy like Inman, Armstead, Ball, (insert Argos player here) gets cut with a valid contract to go to the NFL.

I don't have any issues with a guy not under contract going to the CFL, suspension or not.

I  bet the NFL paid Braley under the table to let those guys go. Slap in the face to the Argo fans... 

First of all, the NFL isn't paying anybody under the table for middling talents.

Second of all, why is it a slap in the face? They wouldn't be recruiting those players unless they made those promises of an early release, so you have to ask yourself - would you rather have them for a shortened period of time? Or not at all?

First of all, the NFL isn't paying anybody under the table for middling talents.

Second of all, why is it a slap in the face? They wouldn't be recruiting those players unless they made those promises of an early release, so you have to ask yourself - would you rather have them for a shortened period of time? Or not at all?

Yip. Argos won a Grey Cup thanks to the help of many of those players who left for the NFL with a valid CFL contract at first opportunity.