Sracking The Box

BigBlue

Stacking the box against the Blue has  been very effective .... I am surprised we have not learned to counter it better

Whwn they put ¾ of the defence  between the tackles, so to speak, why try and run there (or throw there for that matter) ... On TSN this week we saw an effective counter: by "stacking" receivers outside the box and throwing short stuff against a thinned out set of DBs / LBs (because they were moved to the inside stack) .... there were many lanes open because the D was out-numbered beyond the box and the ball moved easily

I also have to wonder why on running plays they did not attempt to seal off the end of the stack and get the running backs going out wide .... I know more easily said than done ,,,, but countering their lack of balance has to be something that comes to mind especially with all the flexibility enjoyed by our backfield in pre snap movement .... yes I think a light receiver can seal off an outside LB, at least some of the time

Strategy is about hitting the enemy where they have made themselves weak ( in this case to "stack the box") .... its not about trying to overpower the opposition with superior macho!

With this team and its tentative OL we don't need to be running up the gut into the face of 8 nearby defenders .... we need to make them pay for concentrating their defenders

Good strategy can win out against superior force or numbers .... thats how superior generals gain the victory ... they adjust to the enemies deployment

Yes I think we can be superior strategists .... now that execution thing