Injury update - July 13

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 1m

#Bombers receiver Aaron Kelly is nowhere to be seen today.

A little better than Bauming's phrasing:

"Aaron Kelly is MIA from #Bombers practice today. Romby Bryant taking first team reps at Kelly's boundary WR spot."

Can we stop using "MIA" when someone isn't practicing? Makes it sound like the player has zero excuse and has left the team or something.

MIA means "missing in action". I see nothing wrong with that. If he said Kelly is AWOL, that would be inappropriate.

We know what MIA means, but he's not Missing.

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 1m

#Bombers receiver Aaron Kelly is nowhere to be seen today.

A little better than Bauming's phrasing:

"Aaron Kelly is MIA from #Bombers practice today. Romby Bryant taking first team reps at Kelly's boundary WR spot."

Can we stop using "MIA" when someone isn't practicing? Makes it sound like the player has zero excuse and has left the team or something.

MIA means "missing in action". I see nothing wrong with that. If he said Kelly is AWOL, that would be inappropriate.

We know what MIA means, but he's not Missing.

He's not on the practice field. I guess it comes down to how you interpret MIA. When I first saw Bauming's tweet, I figured Kelly was getting treatment. Others I guess assume he walked out on the team or was cut.

@DarrinBauming: Mike O'Shea says Aaron Kelly needed to see a doctor. Missed practice today, but was on the field. Status for Thursday yet TBD. #Bombers

@BobIrvingCJOB: Mike O'Shea says Aaron Kelley is having knee further examined--not sure of his status for Edmonton game. Romby Bryant would replace him