IC Khari

What's ahead this year ... this team has seemed to be spinning it's wheels for many years. Is this the year the team moves forward and we start to resemble a real CFL organization or will we end up with more of the same, recycled players and going the cheap way? Hard to believe it's been 10 years this year since we got rid of one of our more effective coaches Dave Ritchie and traded Khari. Save for parts of 2007 and 2011 (both of which were Grey Cup losing years) this franchise has not moved very far forward since those early 2000's squads. 

What's ahead this year ... this team has seemed to be spinning it's wheels for many years. Is this the year the team moves forward and we start to resemble a real CFL organization or will we end up with more of the same, recycled players and going the cheap way? Hard to believe it's been 10 years this year since we got rid of one of our more effective coaches Dave Ritchie and traded Khari. Save for parts of 2007 and 2011 (both of which were Grey Cup losing years) this franchise has not moved very far forward since those early 2000's squads. 

Depends 1/2 on MOS and his ability to lead this team forward; and 1/2 on Walters' ability to find us a starting QB. 

My bet is we bring in either Collaros or Willy, and that they struggle somewhat behind a lesser OL than they had previously.  Good leadership will coach everyone up somewhat though, and that impact will come at various stages throughout the year.  I'm less worried about co-ordinators as most of this board.  Schemes are important, but good leadership can help players rise up to overcome deficiencies.  Winnipeg hasn't had a good leader at the helm of this football team since arguably Dave Ritchie.  It'll be real interesting to watch it unfold, because I believe MOS's leadership will be a big story in 2014.

Unless MOS is a Kelly-era tyrant (which I don't believe he is), this team will be on the upswing. 

Depends 1/2 on MOS and his ability to lead this team forward; and 1/2 on Walters' ability to find us a starting QB. 

My bet is we bring in either Collaros or Willy, and that they struggle somewhat behind a lesser OL than they had previously.  Good leadership will coach everyone up somewhat though, and that impact will come at various stages throughout the year.  I'm less worried about co-ordinators as most of this board.  Schemes are important, but good leadership can help players rise up to overcome deficiencies.  Winnipeg hasn't had a good leader at the helm of this football team since arguably Dave Ritchie.  It'll be real interesting to watch it unfold, because I believe MOS's leadership will be a big story in 2014.

Unless MOS is a Kelly-era tyrant (which I don't believe he is), this team will be on the upswing. 

but I don't see a coordinator solely as an Xs and Os job, there has to be some leadership coming from that position as well so that's why who they hire is pretty key too, 

Need some coaches who can get the most out of players and make them better players. Mack was very much a potential guy, loved him some athletes that maybe needed some coaching to become players and then failed to get coaches who could do that. O'Shea hires some good teachers for this team things will be on the right track.