Virtual Venue for Ticats new stadium

IC Khari

When it comes to Tim Horton's Field, I know Ti Cat fans are saying, "Why them & not us?" when comparing what they're getting to what we have here.  I mean, it's great the place will be brand new but it's just a modern rehash of Canad Inns Stadium's design or a second version of the old Ivor Wynne Stadium whichever way you look at  it. But with a budget of $120 million, I guess that's all Hamilton will get. Too bad as it could have been so much better.

Don't fault The Ticats and their ownership for the lack lustre stadium. The city and the Pan Am games are to blame. Bob Young wanted to move the stadium so he could build something bigger with better access. He was shot down numerous times on that and had to settle with a dumbed down stadium that would fit on the grounds of Ivor Wynn. 

Don't fault The Ticats and their ownership for the lack lustre stadium. The city and the Pan Am games are to blame. Bob Young wanted to move the stadium so he could build something bigger with better access. He was shot down numerous times on that and had to settle with a dumbed down stadium that would fit on the grounds of Ivor Wynn. 

Bob WANTED but Bob never came to the table with any of his own money. Had he done so, he may have been taken more seriously. Does he plan to put any of his money into the stadium in the future to expand it or will he demand that 100% of taxpayer's money do that?