How long is Willy's leash?

The offence sputtered once again when it was needed.   10 first downs in 3 quarters of football is flat out atrocious.     We forced two turnovers inside the 25 yd line and came away with 3 points!   Turn those into 2 TD's and we win this game.  Willy is still is very inaccurate with his throws and overthrowing or under throwing his receivers.  The boos he received tonight were well deserved.

The defense got shredded again tonight, but still gave us a chance to win.    This loss is on the O.

I'm curious what the board here thinks on how much more time to give Willy?   Is the fact that we have no running game (no surprise there) contributing to his awful performance?  Should he be benched in favour of Nichols?  Thoughts?

Nichols isn't the answer. aquire Drew Tate. Guy gets over looked way too much imo. Probably wouldn't be too easy to pry away from Calgary, but some of you are saying we can get Burris? For what price. I doubt it 

Edited by CodyT

The film won't lie. If guys were open down field and he was dumping it late in game, he should be benched no matter how much he is making. A leader needs to be looking down field for the win when the game is on the line. As I have said before, he is not calling the plays. Need sideline routes to stop clock, need longer strikes down field. He was f'n around like they had 5 minutes on the clock

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

The film won't lie. If guys were open down field and he was dumping it late in game, he should be benched no matter how much he is making. A leader needs to be looking down field for the win when the game is on the line. As I have said before, he is not calling the plays. Need sideline routes to stop clock, need longer strikes down field. He was f'n around like they had 5 minutes on the clock

CFL contracts aren't guaranteed so they can release him if Walters wanted to but he doesn't.

3 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Nichols isn't the answer. aquire Drew Tate. Guy gets over looked way too much imo. Probably wouldn't be too easy to pry away from Calgary, but some of you are saying we can get Burris? For what price. I doubt it 

Tate would be out for the season within three series on our team.

2 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

CFL contracts aren't guaranteed so they can release him if Walters wanted to but he doesn't.

There is a cutoff where you have to pay the player for the remainder of the year I believe it is game 9

Just now, 17to85 said:

It's funny that people are pining for Kevin Glenn, because I remember not too long ago people were adamant that Glenn had to go for the same reasons they're unhappy with Willy now. 

QFT and khari before him. Its amazing how many people think the way to create a winning team is to have a mad carousel at QB till you strike gold. There is a reason why willy is struggling to do more then complete more then quick passes, and why harris is having his worst stretch running the ball too. It aint qb. Willy is no HOFer, and i doubt he ever develops into one. but he isnt whats stopping us from winning.