2016 Jets RFAs

Ducky

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Looking at current lineup armia, dano, lipon, lowry, peluso, perreault & thorburn are the only ones who did not play in the nhl their first year as a pro.

Pavelec. Hutch. Stuart. Buff.  Enstrom. Wheeler.  And everyone besides scheif trouba Burmi and little say hello also. Really... 90 percentof the "current" roster didn't. 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pavelec. Hutch. Stuart. Buff.  Enstrom. Wheeler.  And everyone besides scheif trouba Burmi and little say hello also 

i did not bother with doing G or D.

The stats I was looking at relate as to whether they played their first pro year in the A and no games in the NHL. Following my rules I do not stand corrected :P

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I would imagine it would be negotiated between the NHL and the agent... It won't be for Millions and Millions of dollars tho.

NHL/NHLPA probably.

The player will likely have to pay for additional coverage if they want it. This was stated by someone on TSN 1290 earlier. Lawless maybe?

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

I would imagine it would be negotiated between the NHL and the agent... It won't be for Millions and Millions of dollars tho.

Actually, it will be for millions of dollars. If you are Trouba, would you play if you are only insured for 1 million dollars? Not likely...

He blows out an ACL or something and if his career could be finished then a million dollars is not near enough.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Then he shouldn't be playing. **** happens. I doubt it will be needed tho since he will probably be signed by then 

It's still needed. The NHL/NHLPA will still need to insure the players to protect the owners from loss. Just like their normal contracts are insured while they play in the NHL (usually) and when they play any international tournament. 

Scheif was insured when he went to the world championships. His contract was over. 

One of the more outrageous demands the IOC has made for future Olympics is that the NHL should pick up the costs of insurance for the players to participate. Crazytown. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Please don't ever use that jets whiteout fan blog as a source ever. Total and complete joke 

Not a source for news.  Source for discussion.  Nothing wrong with that.

Interesting suggestions too:

Arizona Coyotes Receive:
Jacob Trouba
Alex Burmistrov
2017 4th round pick

Winnipeg Jets Receive:
Jakob Chychrun
Rights to Tobias Rieder
Anthony Duclair

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not a source for news.  Source for discussion.  Nothing wrong with that.

Interesting suggestions too:

Arizona Coyotes Receive:
Jacob Trouba
Alex Burmistrov
2017 4th round pick

Winnipeg Jets Receive:
Jakob Chychrun
Rights to Tobias Rieder
Anthony Duclair

I dislike both of those.

Kucerov for Trouba and I think Burmi is good value but do we need another winger?

He has 130 points in the last two seasons (2nd and 3rd in the NHL), is only 23 and will get a very nice contract.

I agree a lot with what the lastwordonsports article has to say. I have been saying all along that this deal goes down to the end. Chevy is a hell of a poker player and in the end we probably see a 7 year deal. How late did Bogo's and Kane's deal go? The potential of Trouba exceeds all our other D. He could very well be a 1D. He is a legit 2D right now. He'll be signed.

I would give Lemieux, Armia, Dano, Petan or a like player with Trouba for Lindholm if we re-signed Lindholm for at least 7 years. It is an over-pay but it would be better for the team in the long run. After Morrissey and Stanley, our LHD prospects really drops off.

I need a fix and the World Cup of Hockey can't come soon enough.

Question for Ducky... are these trades trade you would make or do you think the Jets would make? Because ignoring the fact that Anaheim won't be moving Lindholm and the Jets won't be moving Lemieux or their first round pick anytime soon, That would never happen. 

Jets are a draft and develop team, they aren't a contender, they aren't even a playoff team yet, they will NOT move their 1st round pick, they just won't, even when/if they ever are contenders i don't see them every moving their own first round pick.. It just isn't what they do. Draft and Develop. 

Anaheim laughs at you, go ahead, post that on HFBOARDS and see what Duck fans say... it's not gonna be pretty. 

I can dream can't I? These are trades I would make. Most of them the Jets would make but the other team wouldn't....haven't figured that out yet? I'm kinda biased for the Jets. Here's another one...Dano, Armia, Petan, Lowry, Copp, Tanev, Matthias, Chiarot, Stuart, Postma, or Lipon. Any one of these for Simon Depres. I think it would take one of the first 4 mentioned and then that might not be enough.

I don't want to see Trouba gone and I know he would have to be going back if Lindholm ever came this way; however, don't tell me Chevy wouldn't include a 1st round draft pick in a deal that would acquire the likes of Lindholm...especially if we are one or two players away from where he wants us to be. As a matter of face, when we are in that position, it would surprise me if Chevy didn't wrap up some prospects for a very good player.

• 2 weeks later...