1st place

Crocket

Yeah. yeah....one could make a list of good things and of things that need work.   Frankly, the lists would be almost of equal length.

For, me though....the man thing is that I saw some actual emotion, attitude and intensity from this team.   Some of the things, I have been waiting for.....

That, and the 2 points, made it a good week.

41 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You aren't looking at the good and bad though. You are looking only at the breaks the bombers caught. Ticats caught a break on the missed field goal and subsequent td they got from it. They got a break on another touchdown where they had receivers so offside even rod black saw it but it wasn't flagged. Those two things right there are the only reason the game was close. You like to claim objectivity but it's really not. It's just focussing on the negatives and is every bit as bad as only focussing on positives

The missed FG, wasn't so much a break as it was 3 Bomber mistakes in a row followed by a great play by Banks. First Dressler didn't go on the field and he's the freaking holder. Second, O'Shea didn't call a time out when he saw the mistake. Third our "Most accurate FG in history who's making 170K" missed. 

Hamilton did get a huge break when both teams were offside on the TD. I never said otherwise.

The good: We won. We got 6 (7) turnovers. We got a historic "Madden Glitch" TD. We got a lucky bounce back. We took advantage of their mistakes. We won TOP.

The bad: Only winning by 4 after 6 (7) turnovers and we're not likely to have another 6(7) turnover game this year. 

Edited by TBURGESS
Typing Error

25 minutes ago, do or die said:

Yeah. yeah....one could make a list of good things and of things that need work.   Frankly, the lists would be almost of equal length.

For, me though....the man thing is that I saw some actual emotion, attitude and intensity from this team.   Some of the things, I have been waiting for.....

That, and the 2 points, made it a good week.

You got it Park Pontiac!  The Bombers hung tough and out gritted the Ti-Cats for the victory and in the end despite all of the analysis of what could have been and what might have happened, that's what counts.

35 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

You got it Park Pontiac!  The Bombers hung tough and out gritted the Ti-Cats for the victory and in the end despite all of the analysis of what could have been and what might have happened, that's what counts.

Yeah, it was a close call, kinda like this kid ...

close-call.gif

2 hours ago, White Out said:

I wish this post didn't have to happen. no one is disappointed we won.

The post didn't have to happen. That's the point.

But it's a little early to be throwing a party.

No party.

The reality is we did get their 2nd string qb who played really poorly.

That's ok too, it's happened to us enough.

I praised our D heavily and they turned mistakes into points. Our offense, while they couldn't finish drives, did keep their D off the field. 

And this is correct.

But no, let's continue to incite more stupid bickering right?

Then why would you post a phrase like this on a completed long pass, and a good play by the receiver? :

The underthrown duck that was a 50-50 catch or interception?

Look in every game there are breaks and mistakes that happen to both teams. The winning team is the team that capitalises on the key ones. Bombers did that against Hamilton and there is no need to diminish it. If we are diminishing engine because one team made too many mistakes then the bombers opponents have a lot less legit wins.

We were having a great discussion here until it went sideways. It really is too bad. I think some of you guys are being either a little sensitive or too hard on TBurgess's comments.

That Banks TD could have been a backbreaker yet it wasn't so credit the team for staying strong early. I was happy with the way we spread the field throwing the football with quick hitters to give both Willy & our OL confidence that they wouldn't both get pulverized by the Ti Cats front 7 which was my concern going into the last game. I give Lapo a lot of credit for great game planning so until a team stops it that'll probably be the way we play offensively going forward.

Masoli isn't very good & I think things would have been different with Collaros playing BUT having said that... teams feasted off of us last year when we lost Willy to injury so I have no sympathy for any teams we now play who have lost their starting qb because no one felt sorry for us.

Our D came up big last game when they had to so also credit to them as well. Playing Edmonton & Calgary are going to be 2 huge tests for us. I still have to be convinced we can play well going up against Reilly & BLM but I'm cautiously optimistic. Both teams are struggling so we'll see.

21 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Is this a new football term I'm unfamiliar with??

It is a reference that comes from a video game (Starcraft) and has made its way into some pop culture.

Basically the Zerg are insects that aren't all that powerful individually on their own, but attack in huge numbers to overwhelm opponents.

So in this context, it basically just means being blitzed.

23 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You aren't looking at the good and bad though. You are looking only at the breaks the bombers caught. Ticats caught a break on the missed field goal and subsequent td they got from it. They got a break on another touchdown where they had receivers so offside even rod black saw it but it wasn't flagged. Those two things right there are the only reason the game was close. You like to claim objectivity but it's really not. It's just focussing on the negatives and is every bit as bad as only focussing on positives

Good post. Bad bounces etc.. go both ways. Bottom line there are only 18 chances to win a game. You won and that's always a good thing. Luck, whatever! Who cares, I'd have been happy if we would pulled that one out the fire against the Esks.  The Bombers played better and are going to continue to have to get better, because I see us improving and we are going to be battling for a playoff spot this year. Lions look better also. The west is going to be tough this year.

37 minutes ago, Rich said:

It is a reference that comes from a video game (Starcraft) and has made its way into some pop culture.

Basically the Zerg are insects that aren't all that powerful individually on their own, but attack in huge numbers to overwhelm opponents.

haha, good to know... I honestly just assumed it was a typo...

45 minutes ago, Rich said:

Hey Rich, I found a picture of you...

anthony_melfi_as_the_angry_video_game_ne

Well this game coming up is very interesting indeed. As already posted here a couple of times, the Esks defense - especially in the secondary, are, quite frankly, lost. They don't have a clue .

You probably didn't pick it up on TV, but those bombs Durant were throwing and completing, the receivers weren't even being covered. Most were ducks floating up there so by the time they came down there were an Eskie or two 'in the vicinity' but trust me it wasn't even close. 

I'm thinking Drew Willy could have a HUGE game this week. Bombers have a real practice week, (that's the other thing - for those that are looking at the negative in the bombers win - all the 'Hamilton did this, missed, that, etc etc are all moot when you factor in the Bombers only had TWO practices to prepare - Bombers deserve FULL credit for that win no 'ifs' 'ands' or 'buts') and if Willy can get his timing down I think he can hit the 400 yard mark.

The real question, as also mentioned already, is how up to the task the Defense is against Reilly? Last year the bombers had the Esks but Harjuliaohu pooched makeable field goals and then Sean Whyte calmly kicked a what, 52 yarder, to win it (that was LH's straw that broke his back in Wpg). 

I'm thinking the Bombers win this one though in the end. I think the Defense is getting better each week (Edmonton's isn't - though they made that 3rd down stand).  In fact I don't think the game will be that close - I figure the Bombers by 15 or so, and Drew Willy has his best game (to date) in a Bomber uniform! 

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Zerg=mosquitoes.