1st place

Crocket

Sooooooooo If I pick 6 out of 6 on 6-49 I will be rich! Next week against the Esks will be a fun test for the Bombers - I don't see it as being very close  but you never know. I would not have thought the Riders could hang in there and almost win it.

A Bomber victory next week would be a major upset IMHO.

Edited by BBRT

2 hours ago, BBRT said:

Sooooooooo If I pick 6 out of 6 on 6-49 I will be rich! Next week against the Esks will be a fun test for the Bombers - I don't see it as being very close  but you never know. I would not have thought the Riders could hang in there and almost win it.

A Bomber victory next week would be a major upset IMHO.

I'd be concerned with the Goosen and Sewell matchup in the middle. Riders Oline played great and kept them off DD. If Goosen can control Sewell in the middle you guys have a chance. The Esks are a shadow of their former selves and are beatable.

Edited by Ripper

Edmontons defense is ripe for the picking. They've been a total mess. Edmontons offense, tho, is quite dynamic right now with the CFL's best qb and perhaps the best RB too. Lots of weapons. I'm very interested to see how we stack up against them.

Next week vs Calgary? Who knows. The CFL is very much all over the place so far with really no team establishing themselves as the clear #1.

Edited by White Out

19 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I'd be concerned with the Goosen and Sewell matchup in the middle. Riders Oline played great and kept them off DD. If Goosen can control Sewell in the middle you guys have a chance. The Esks are a shadow of their former selves and are beatable.

pretty much. goosen has been solid in blocking on his own, but has struggled switching, picking up and calling out the blitz. Will have to see i guess.

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

pretty much. goosen has been solid in blocking on his own, but has struggled switching, picking up and calling out the blitz. Will have to see i guess.

I never saw any of your game with Cats, just read the stats. But in other games Goosen is getting bull rushed in the A gap. He needs to be better there. That's all I'm saying

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I never saw any of your game with Cats, just read the stats. But in other games Goosen is getting bull rushed in the A gap. He needs to be better there. That's all I'm saying

The als were blitzing up the middle a lot. Calgary was throwing twists. When hes not being zerged hes done well. watched each game twice so far.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

A home win would be nice, been to rare lately.

Since moving to IGF the Bombers have sadly only had 7 regular season wins at IGF (2013 - 1, 2014 - 3 and 2015 - 3)...that said, I think if we have a decent home crowd turnout, and provided the Bombers don't shoot themselves in the foot at the start of the game, I think we've got a chance.

There`s always the chance of an upset in mismatched games. The Bombers needed Hamilton to commit 6 turnovers to before our team was able to scrape out a narrow victory, so the skeptics can be forgiven if they do not believe that the dark days are over.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

There`s always the chance of an upset in mismatched games. The Bombers needed Hamilton to commit 6 turnovers to before our team was able to scrape out a narrow victory, so the skeptics can be forgiven if they do not believe that the dark days are over.

Actually 6 turnovers + a lucky bounce on a Kickoff + the Madden glitch catch + a dropped TD catch by Hamilton, but I get your point. :D

12 minutes ago, tracker said:

Or you could say that Hamilton needed a ten point swing off a missed field returned for a touchdown to even be in the game..

21 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Or you could say that Hamilton needed a ten point swing off a missed field returned for a touchdown to even be in the game..

There will always be posters who will try to diminish what the Bombers have done in any won game. What's not surprising is the two who did try. The Bombers didn't 'need' 6 turnovers to beat the Ticats...they caused, at least 5 of those. They like to point out a dropped TD catch by the opponents, but not not count a miss on a wide open receiver, in the end zone, for our team. They'd rather underline a 'lucky bounce' on a kickoff attempt, rather than give credit for heads up play by an oft-criticized veteran player. No, that doesn't count.

And, as you pointed out, the Bombers, with their history, easily could have wilted with that ten-point swing to open the game...but they didn't. I bet you those two posters expected the likes of Simoni Lawrwence and the rest of the (at that time) league-leading sack kings to destroy our O-line and pulverize Drew Willy. Instead, they got 2.... and 1 of those was on a slippery ball fumble. BUT! No credit there either...just those 6 turnovers and lucky bounce. 

You know what? I think they're actually disappointed. I was wondering which 'fans' would bring up those statistics, and, as usual, I wasn't disappointed who did.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Actually 6 turnovers + a lucky bounce on a Kickoff + the Madden glitch catch + a dropped TD catch by Hamilton, but I get your point. :D

It wasn`t that long ago when the Bombers were committing multiple turnovers and getting pulped by the opposition, so it stands to reason that there is little reason for premature celebration. The Esks were taken to the limit by the Riders last night and I take two lessons from that: the Bombers had better get their poop together for that game or else, and the Riders are going to better than expected by most. If the Bombers are to stay out of the basement, they are going to have to earn it.

11 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

There will always be posters who will try to diminish what the Bombers have done in any won game. What's not surprising is the two who did try. The Bombers didn't 'need' 6 turnovers to beat the Ticats...they caused, at least 5 of those. They like to point out a dropped TD catch by the opponents, but not not count a miss on a wide open receiver, in the end zone, for our team. They'd rather underline a 'lucky bounce' on a kickoff attempt, rather than give credit for heads up play by an oft-criticized veteran player. No, that doesn't count.

And, as you pointed out, the Bombers, with their history, easily could have wilted with that ten-point swing to open the game...but they didn't. I bet you those two posters expected the likes of Simoni Lawrwence and the rest of the (at that time) league-leading sack kings to destroy our O-line and pulverize Drew Willy. Instead, they got 2.... and 1 of those was on a slippery ball fumble. BUT! No credit there either...just those 6 turnovers and lucky bounce. 

You know what? I think they're actually disappointed. I was wondering which 'fans' would bring up those statistics, and, as usual, I wasn't disappointed who did.

Well said.  Some fans love to gloss over the accomplishments with a healthy slathering of ire and negativitiy.. Who cares if drew willy was 75% with almost 300 yards, a TD and no INTS.. Yea he fumbled doh.  What a bum.  Cant hit the deep ball to some receivers he hasnt had a chance to build chemisty yet with.. Total garbage..

I'm happy we won, but I'm not blind to the reasons why we won and I don't think this kind of win is repeatable very often.

I don't see anyone calling Willy total garbage, a bum, or ignoring his accomplishments (279 yards, 8.7 yards per completion). I do see them commenting on his fumble and his inability to hit an open receiver deep because they're part of the whole picture.

Some fans love to ignore the mistakes and gloss over the amount of luck and bad play by the other teams that's involved in our wins. That's fine, but they go too far when they use their view  of things to complain about other posters who see both the good and the bad.

willy did hit davis for a 40 yard bomb....  There was plenty of room for improvement, but its more the fact they looked much more improved from weeks 1 and 2 which is a good sign. I'm hoping that was a character win that lights a fire in this guys to keep going.  there still lots of time before LDC when teams should start rolling more polished, so as long as they keep getting better im A-OK with that

4 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Well said.  Some fans love to gloss over the accomplishments with a healthy slathering of ire and negativitiy.. Who cares if drew willy was 75% with almost 300 yards, a TD and no INTS.. Yea he fumbled doh.  What a bum.  Cant hit the deep ball to some receivers he hasnt had a chance to build chemisty yet with.. Total garbage..

LOL!

incredibly-stupid.gif

lalalala.gif

dnd.gif

16 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I wish this post didn't have to happen. no one is disappointed we won. But it's a little early to be throwing a party. The reality is we did get their 2nd string qb who played really poorly. I praised our D heavily and they turned mistakes into points. Our offense, while they couldn't finish drives, did keep their D off the field. 

But no, let's continue to incite more stupid bickering right?

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm happy we won, but I'm not blind to the reasons why we won and I don't think this kind of win is repeatable very often.

I don't see anyone calling Willy total garbage, a bum, or ignoring his accomplishments (279 yards, 8.7 yards per completion). I do see them commenting on his fumble and his inability to hit an open receiver deep because they're part of the whole picture.

Some fans love to ignore the mistakes and gloss over the amount of luck and bad play by the other teams that's involved in our wins. That's fine, but they go too far when they use their view  of things to complain about other posters who see both the good and the bad.

You aren't looking at the good and bad though. You are looking only at the breaks the bombers caught. Ticats caught a break on the missed field goal and subsequent td they got from it. They got a break on another touchdown where they had receivers so offside even rod black saw it but it wasn't flagged. Those two things right there are the only reason the game was close. You like to claim objectivity but it's really not. It's just focussing on the negatives and is every bit as bad as only focussing on positives