Police officers shot in Dallas

Blueballz

Listening to CNN. Open Carry was made legal in TX this past January. People saw the gunmen carrying rifles yet didn't know whether to call police  as they didn't know if it was normal or not. What absolute madness.

Edited by iso_55

Has Black Lives Matter, as an organization, condemned these killings?  Has all the celebrities who condemned police in general condemned these killings?

The rhetoric desperately needs to be ramped down.  The two deaths at the hands of police this week were, in my opinion, needless.  But consider the amount of Police/Citizen interaction on a daily basis that never results in anything like that.  Those two incidents should be dealt with, certainly.  But it wasnt the incidents that sparked a racists to murder police in Dallas...it was the hype and rhetoric.

Americans want their guns.  A by-product is nervous police with their finger on the trigger when responding to calls involving armed citizens.  Doesnt make it right.  Just makes it so.  Think every cop in America today is losing their grip on their weapon in the wake of Dallas??  Not a chance.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The two deaths at the hands of police this week were, in my opinion, needless. 

Absolutely, but in the case of the Minneapolis shooting, I can't fault the cop entirely. I once read an account of someone who had been pulled over by police and told the officer he had a concealed weapon and a permit. Keep your hands visible at all times. NEVER reach for something outside of the officer's view when he knows you are armed. Get out and allow the officer to search and disarm you.

Like you said, Americans like their guns, and you can't fault police for being nervous around them. There are plenty of instances where officers have been shot when everything seemed normal and they let their guard down, and those are the situations they are trained to be aware of.

11 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Absolutely, but in the case of the Minneapolis shooting, I can't fault the cop entirely. I once read an account of someone who had been pulled over by police and told the officer he had a concealed weapon and a permit. Keep your hands visible at all times. NEVER reach for something outside of the officer's view when he knows you are armed. Get out and allow the officer to search and disarm you.

Like you said, Americans like their guns, and you can't fault police for being nervous around them. There are plenty of instances where officers have been shot when everything seemed normal and they let their guard down, and those are the situations they are trained to be aware of.

Certainly.  But if someone is pulled over for a minor infraction and is with a woman and a young child and offers to the cop the fact he is carrying a legal firearm, odds are his intent is not to then try and shoot the cop.  The argument will be the officer cant take that chance.  But ofcourse he can.  Otherwise, cops would come in a blazin' on every vehicle stop.  They have no idea if someone has a gun or not and in a lot of cases, obviously, there are guns.

The officer said he ordered the driver not to move and the driver still reached for his ID.  Yes he didnt follow orders.  But that's not an executable offense.  Had the officer waited another split second or two, he'd see the driver with his ID.  Now one can say "but if he waited and the driver pulled out his gun, the officer risks being shot".  That the risk the officer accepts everytime he goes to work.  The citizen does not accept the risk of being shot by a police officer when pulled over for a minor infraction.

On the racism question, I think it plays a part.  Not the same as the guy who claimed he hated whites and wanted them to die (and killed the officers in Dallas) but more subtle.  Like the question of 'if you're walking down the street at night and two black guys are walking towards you, do you cross the street?'  Is that racism or a decision based on life experience, area of town etc?  Even so, its still racism to a degree.

In the Minnesota case, if the driver is white does the cop give him the benefit of the doubt?  Maybe not.  But probably so.

3 hours ago, basslicker said:

this is what happens when the mainstream media keeps pushing their 'cops are bad and shoot innocent black guys' narrative.   a narrative that is most times false or at least misleading.   they are to blame for much violence.

and Black Lives Matter is also guilty of the same.

Amen!

If anyone ever has a tonne of free time they should out videos by Milo Yiannopoulos... absolutely fascinating guy with a lot of solid facts on BLM and other topics like Feminists. 

For Black Lives Matter....  I believe he said that 60% of police shootings that result in death are against white people.  

Something staggering like 75% of homicides by gun against black people are committed by..... other black people.   Yet you never see the media or BLM push the agenda that they are the ones killing each other....  

I posted #InnocentLivesMatter in the wake of the Dallas shootings...and got lambasted by BLM supporters, like how dare I modify theirs, it's a slap in the face of those who fight hard for the BLM cause...someone likened it to MLK's speech "I have a dream.."  saying it was like someone insulting it by saying "We all have dreams" . Like huh?

The legendary TV show "Person of Interest" (starring Jim Caviezel & Sarah Shahi) predicted much of this would happen in such a surveillance and government controlled country. CBS never shoulda cancelled that show - one of the few bright lights in a TV world dominated by sloppy reality shows, eating disorders, Dr. Phils and generally bad quality product.

1 hour ago, Root said:

The legendary TV show "Person of Interest" (starring Jim Caviezel & Sarah Shahi) predicted much of this would happen in such a surveillance and government controlled country. CBS never shoulda cancelled that show - one of the few bright lights in a TV world dominated by sloppy reality shows, eating disorders, Dr. Phils and generally bad quality product.

Of course you're name is Root.

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Certainly.  But if someone is pulled over for a minor infraction and is with a woman and a young child and offers to the cop the fact he is carrying a legal firearm, odds are his intent is not to then try and shoot the cop.  The argument will be the officer cant take that chance.  But ofcourse he can.  Otherwise, cops would come in a blazin' on every vehicle stop.  They have no idea if someone has a gun or not and in a lot of cases, obviously, there are guns.

The officer said he ordered the driver not to move and the driver still reached for his ID.  Yes he didnt follow orders.  But that's not an executable offense.  Had the officer waited another split second or two, he'd see the driver with his ID.  Now one can say "but if he waited and the driver pulled out his gun, the officer risks being shot".  That the risk the officer accepts everytime he goes to work.  The citizen does not accept the risk of being shot by a police officer when pulled over for a minor infraction.

On the racism question, I think it plays a part.  Not the same as the guy who claimed he hated whites and wanted them to die (and killed the officers in Dallas) but more subtle.  Like the question of 'if you're walking down the street at night and two black guys are walking towards you, do you cross the street?'  Is that racism or a decision based on life experience, area of town etc?  Even so, its still racism to a degree.

In the Minnesota case, if the driver is white does the cop give him the benefit of the doubt?  Maybe not.  But probably so.

That cop murdered the guy. But... he may get off. You know how these things work.

33 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

That cop murdered the guy. But... he may get off. You know how these things work.

That's the root of the discontent. Cop code seems to say that 'the guy resisted and was armed, he was ready to kill us so we killed him". Its the best out possible cuz judges and rigged juries tend to buy into it and let dirty filthy cops off the hook - and that's why the rebellion is well underway! In many respects it could be worse than isis