No more patience. ....

bb1

58 minutes ago, bustamente said:

A few years ago when Willy first got here and had a rough stretch of games a player on another team that had just beaten the stuffing out of us commented that playing against Willy was easy because all you have to do was" pressure him he can't read defense's " wish i could remember the player who said that because what he said back then is still true today and nothing has changed.

I think that is Willy's real problem, not being able to process what he sees in front of him fast enough,  If you watch Collaros, Reilly or Mitchell when they come up to the line their heads are on swivels as they absorb everything before them.  Willy does not look around that much, it seems more like he is trying to remember the set play rather than dealing with the situation on the field. 

It could go right back to the training he received coming up as many US Colleges use a "plug and play" pocket passer system that is designed to quickly replace the starting QB every 2-3 years.  In College ball it is easier to protect a QB with good athletic throwing ability than it is to teach them how to think and learn all the complexities of running an offence.  So you get automatons like Rob Johnson playing over QB's like Doug Flutie because they are easier to program and build an offence around.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Blame Willy all you want. He isn't responsible for poor tackling, poor pass and run blocking, poor coaching decisions and anything else that you think may have contributed to that effort or lack there of. The only saving grace was Calgary feeling merciful and only rushing the passer with 3 guys.

To add insult to injury the Riders forum is dancing with glee over our sad state.They were looking at a rebuild now looks like we will be again. I would back up a  Brinks truck to get Huff here to fix this mess...

Edited by bb1

To tough to call  yet - I'd say the bombers are committed to Willy - so a coaching change may be in order first. I like the Lulay thought - if Jonathan Jennings keep trending up - maybe that would work (Lulay for Willy straight up - B.C. keeps it's QB depth and the Bombers get a legit #1 starter who's actually won a Grey Cup). Could work. 

5 hours ago, KptKrunch said:

To tough to call  yet - I'd say the bombers are committed to Willy - so a coaching change may be in order first. I like the Lulay thought - if Jonathan Jennings keep trending up - maybe that would work (Lulay for Willy straight up - B.C. keeps it's QB depth and the Bombers get a legit #1 starter who's actually won a Grey Cup). Could work. 

BC wouldn't take Willy and his contract (400K) straight up for Lulay and his contract (200K). In fact Willy's contract plus what he's shown on the field probably makes him untradable.

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

BC wouldn't take Willy and his contract (400K) straight up for Lulay and his contract (200K). In fact Willy's contract plus what he's shown on the field probably makes him untradable.

Just cut him outright then. He might have limited success elsewhere as a back-up but at least you're rid of that ridiculous contract and can focus on helping better, younger, talents become the face of the franchise. That might be painful too - but not as painful as watching Troy Kopp ll bumble around.

10 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Just cut him outright then. He might have limited success elsewhere as a back-up but at least you're rid of that ridiculous contract and can focus on helping better, younger, talents become the face of the franchise. That might be painful too - but not as painful as watching Troy Kopp ll bumble around.

I remember another time when we just cut a QB without having someone to replace him with.  Didn't go so well after that.  You sure you want to walk down that road yet again?

Look, I get it, we're not playing well right now.  It's frustrating to watch and we're all tired of hearing "soon".  But having said that, maybe not repeating the knee jerk reactions that have lead to all these years of futility would be the smarter play.  At least during the season.  After the campaign, if we're still cellar dwellers, then, fair enough, blow it up and start over (again).

Sigh...

45 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I remember another time when we just cut a QB without having someone to replace him with.  Didn't go so well after that.  You sure you want to walk down that road yet again?

Look, I get it, we're not playing well right now.  It's frustrating to watch and we're all tired of hearing "soon".  But having said that, maybe not repeating the knee jerk reactions that have lead to all these years of futility would be the smarter play.  At least during the season.  After the campaign, if we're still cellar dwellers, then, fair enough, blow it up and start over (again).

Sigh...

As I see it, we've fired good coaches who didn't deserve it and replaced them with coaches who didn't deserve it. Whether it's nepotism or just bad decision making, I'm not sure but there is a real problem at the top of this outfit.

I can see Willy eventually ending up n T.O. as a replacement for Ray but I don't really expect that to happen anytime soon....maybe next off-season.   It would be a good fit for Willy as he would get to work under Milanovich who seems to be very good at grooming QB's and working beside Ray wouldn't do him any harm. 

As for assets coming back to Wpg. from the Argos, no idea really, as they don't seem to have any developing QB's that are attractive at this time, which might spur their interest in Willy.  At best Ray has 2 years left, and in that time Willy should be able to pull his act together and become a good starting QB, with better command of the game, I just don't think it's going to happen in Wpg..  The way this season is shaping up the tide is turning on Willy and he is going to endure some painfully embarrassing moments at IGF that may not be forgotten or forgiven as fan patience has expired.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

39 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Sigh...

Your plan of action makes a lot of sense but the Bombers sort of promised this was the year they were going to do it. At the very least the team has to show something, anything next week. If they do not i'm afraid the decision will be made by the fans like in all the previous years. And I don't think anyone can blame them. How many other team would still have a real fan base after that many years? 

The only thing I will say that might be too popular is I don't think Willy is the biggest problem. Maybe going with a tight end two if we have to would help. Willy throws a lot of short stuff so they could release for that also. It's useless to send out five receivers when we can't stop the rush. This might not make sense but so is what we are doing. 

Just saying.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Sigh...

I assume you mean Kevin Glenn. Going to go ahead and point out a few problems with that comparison.

1) Glenn had a very good win to loss ratio with the Bombers

2) Glenn took us to a Grey Cup and barring a fluke broken arm would have delivered it to us

3) Willy hasn't demonstrated in any way shape or form his 3 years he's been here with us that he's a starting QB.

You can't pay someone 400k a year to be the leagues 13th best QB.

3 minutes ago, White Out said:

I assume you mean Kevin Glenn. Going to go ahead and point out a few problems with that comparison.

1) Glenn had a very good win to loss ratio with the Bombers

2) Glenn took us to a Grey Cup and barring a fluke broken arm would have delivered it to us

3) Willy hasn't demonstrated in any way shape or form his 3 years he's been here with us that he's a starting QB.

You can't pay someone 400k a year to be the leagues 13th best QB.

To be fair Willy started off here with five straight wins and two POW.  We did not change our game plan, coaches got wise and Willy started getting hit. 

14 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Your plan of action makes a lot of sense but the Bombers sort of promised this was the year they were going to do it. At the very least the team has to show something, anything next week. If they do not i'm afraid the decision will be made by the fans like in all the previous years. And I don't think anyone can blame them. How many other team would still have a real fan base after that many years? 

The only thing I will say that might be too popular is I don't think Willy is the biggest problem. Maybe going with a tight end two if we have to would help. Willy throws a lot of short stuff so they could release for that also. It's useless to send out five receivers when we can't stop the rush. This might not make sense but so is what we are doing. 

Just saying.

Good point, Rory Kohlert has not received a single look in two games, might as well do away with his position and turn it into something useful.

3 minutes ago, LeBird said:

To be fair Willy started off here with five straight wins and two POW.  We did not change our game plan, coaches got wise and Willy started getting hit. 

how many CFL qb's come in new and set the world on fire, and, once opponents get game tape on them they come crashing down to earth? it happens every year. the only difference here is that willy had so much hype built into him by our media and organization some people still cant separate the man from the myth. glenn has been consistent his whole career and is a winner. everything willy isnt.

4 minutes ago, White Out said:

how many CFL qb's come in new and set the world on fire, and, once opponents get game tape on them they come crashing down to earth? it happens every year. the only difference here is that willy had so much hype built into him by our media and organization some people still cant separate the man from the myth. glenn has been consistent his whole career and is a winner. everything willy isnt.

We traded Glenn because the fans insisted he be gone. Now we want him back. We are now insisting we trade Willy. Would it not be ironic is we did and like Glenn came back to clean our clock? Why don't we trade for AC?

Just now, LeBird said:

We traded Glenn because the fans insisted he be gone. Now we want him back. We are now insisting we trade Willy. Would it not be ironic is we did and like Glenn came back to clean our clock? Why don't we trade for AC?

It's a terrible comparison. End of story. Glenn had a proven track record but was perceived as not being able to win the big one (which technically he hasn't). Meanwhile, Willy can't even get to .500. I don't know what your trying to suggest here. Are you saying that Willy will suddenly "find himself" at another team and go from the 13th best Qb in the league to a top performing guy? No, I'm not afraid of that happening at all. Not one bit.

5 minutes ago, White Out said:

It's a terrible comparison. End of story. Glenn had a proven track record but was perceived as not being able to win the big one (which technically he hasn't). Meanwhile, Willy can't even get to .500. I don't know what your trying to suggest here. Are you saying that Willy will suddenly "find himself" at another team and go from the 13th best Qb in the league to a top performing guy? No, I'm not afraid of that happening at all. Not one bit.

As you said, end of story

Please stop blaming the fans for the Bombers problems. The fans don't pick the CEO, GM, Scouts, Coaches or the players. The fans don't have any power at all except to stop buying tickets/merchandise. Even then, they don't get any say in what changes are made. There's a term for GM's and Coaches who listen to the fans...... UNEMPLOYED! 

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Please stop blaming the fans for the Bombers problems. The fans don't pick the CEO, GM, Scouts, Coaches or the players. The fans don't have any power at all except to stop buying tickets/merchandise. Even then, they don't get any say in what changes are made. There's a term for GM's and Coaches who listen to the fans...... UNEMPLOYED! 

I am not too sure where I blamed the fans for the Bombers problems. What I said was if the Bombers don't get their act together and soon the fans will react in the only way they can and not go to games. Miller as GM can not let that continue and will have to do something and changes will be made. That is what I said and if you misread my post that is unfortunate.   I believe the chances of a GM becoming unemployed is far greater if he ignores the fans. Football is a business as its success is measured by how willing its customers are to buy its products.

On 7/2/2016 at 10:34 AM, DR. CFL said:

Blame Willy all you want. He isn't responsible for poor tackling, poor pass and run blocking, poor coaching decisions and anything else that you think may have contributed to that effort or lack there of. The only saving grace was Calgary feeling merciful and only rushing the passer with 3 guys.

yeah but people who dont understand what quantify good/bad blocking, tackling vs alignment errors, and poor play calling have to blame some one. Dont you know losing is 100% qb and winning is  who ever looked flashy?