Which week does O'Shea get canned?

Brandon

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Corney plays a bit like John Chick and probably physically closer to a bull-rusher than most DT's in the league.  That skill is more useful inside, less so outside. 

Why?  If you could bullrush the guy blocking you on his ass every play that would be the most effective way to disrupt an offense.  Doesn't matter where you are lined up.  The bullrush allows the rusher to stay in his gap and close in the pocket tighter on the QB whether he gets completely free or not.  That is much preferred to speed rushing around the edge or ripping/spinning in or out which gives the QB lanes to escape the pressure.

34 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Why?  If you could bullrush the guy blocking you on his ass every play that would be the most effective way to disrupt an offense.  Doesn't matter where you are lined up.  The bullrush allows the rusher to stay in his gap and close in the pocket tighter on the QB whether he gets completely free or not.  That is much preferred to speed rushing around the edge or ripping/spinning in or out which gives the QB lanes to escape the pressure.

Ideally yes, but when a DT is giving up 50 or more pounds to an experienced OT bull-rushing is not going to succeed very often.

23 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Man it's depressing to have to be talking about when we euthanize our HC after week 2. There are lots of reasons to do so, but that doesn't make it any less depressing.

So very depressing. I remember the days of Khari, Milt, Roberts, Bolden, Brown, etc when i went to the stadium expecting to win. Now i just hope were not down by 20+ at the half and im forced to have the "leave at halftime" debate.

'

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

The worst part of this seemingly never-ending debate about bad players, coaches and management is watching a so-called no-mind like Marcel Desjardins turn around a brand new franchise in a year and a half - to the point they almost won the Grey Cup (Hank was no match for Mike Reilly and Chris Jones is slightly superior to Rick Campbell).

Even look at what Wally Buono has done to that awful Jeff Tedford coached team in BC - and how a general manager with no real resume of coaching (Popp) is suddenly superior to a season CFL coach in O'Shea. It goes without saying Popp by himself is far

superior to the Miller/Walters management group. Not even close on that one! Even newbies like Dave Dickenson and Jason Maas are finding their coaching form faster than our guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor preparation prevents proper performance@!

This kind of performance doesn't sell seats!

More folks will be putting their money into Jets tickets (stub hub or kijiji) even though Jets not really a contender. Average goal-tending and a couple weaks on defense!

Edited by Root

1 minute ago, cptkirk said:

7 wins and 22 losses at investors group field. I don't remember the last time we won two games straight. Last win at home was last year's banjo bowl. I'm getting tired of paying to watch this crap.

Mickey O'Shea doesn't appear to be in his right mind. Not a hi-calibre coach to be sure - not even average!

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

To be fair... willy looked very good the last 2 seasons when he was healthy. How were they supposed to know he'd be scared to throw deep. 

Very good the last 2 years? Id give him a meh at best last year. He did have his moments in his "rookie" year but then defences got a look at him and he evened out.

5 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I thought not going for it on third and 2 at the 50 with 4 mins left when our O was finally getting some momentum would be the nail in our coffin. I know our D was playing great, but sometimes(like Jones last week) you have to risks to win the game. Play to win, don't play not to lose.

One small saving grace in that is it makes the loss a bit easier to endure. At least a guy is pulling out the stops to try to win it

9 hours ago, bb1 said:

Well I have become indifferent to the coaching , the same excuses will come out..  really what's the point of bitching anymore?

If you listened to O'Shea's post-game comments with Irving - and the gufferaw he was tossing around during the post-game presser he was trying to defend Willy by immediately talking about atrocious officiating. Not a good answer to be had.

10 hours ago, White Out said:

still on track to be 1-5 and I still say he gets canned if we do wind up as a 1-5 team to start the year.

the stands were empty, as Mike predicted. Fans are booing Willy and his lousy quarterbacking... tick tock Iron Mike, tick tock

It wasn't actually a prediction, I hear about the attendance a few hours before I made that post, hence my frustrations.

9 hours ago, bb1 said:

Well I have become indifferent to the coaching , the same excuses will come out..  really what's the point of bitching anymore?

O'Shea is really veering off the standard excuse path - with some doozies!

Meanwhile back at the ranch - Kyle Walters has gone into silent running!

2 minutes ago, Mad-Dog said:

Enough is enough! The problem starts at the top, and so does the solution.

Waiting until we are 2 and 7 and blowing yet another season would be a disgrace.

I'm afraid that is what it will come down to. The only question is how big a crater will be left behind.