Around The NHL 2016/2017

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Nope. I think, if you want Trouba for 8 years and for him to sign this summer, you're looking at 7.5M to 8M AAV. 

Yeah, if you look at some of the comparables who signed last season in his age group,  Lindholm 6 years @ $31.5M and Seth Jones 6 years @ $32M, they are averaging just over $5M per season.

Now, Trouba will be 2 more years closer to free agency + if you are signing for 8 years instead of 6, that is a total of 4 more years of free agency you need to buy.

$7M + seems like it would be closer to what it would take.

11 12 13 15... whatever really.  Considering 90 percent of us don't know much about any prospect outside of maybe 1 or 2... oh well.  Jets will get a good player where they pick tho. 

I get the feeling the Jets could win the cup and ppl be upset we are picking 30 or 31 

Bottom line..

This is why you have pro scouts 

They done alright so far so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.  Don't start on Stanley either... nobody knows what he will be like yet. 

Edited by Goalie

i wonder if his remarks about goaltending will have an impact. Like, do his teammates just see it as being honest or do they see it as burying a teammate?  

I didn't think it was a big deal. But Westwood, a former pro athlete, says it was terrible. 

Then again the Jets kept Kane for years when he was a locker room disturbance. And perreault has been terrific. 

Hard to imagine losing him for nothing. 

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I didn't think it was a big deal. But Westwood, a former pro athlete, says it was terrible. 

Criticising a teammate .........  very bad to do that publicly.  I'm sure he'd like to have that back.

3 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well think of it this way, they have two cups we don't, and if we have been in the same situation as the Kings right now would you can Chevy and Maurice?

I don't have any idea, about this. Not a clue. Surprised me though, cause a lot of hockey fans admire Sutter as a coach.

Post your end of season stats that are noteworthy...

NYI

Ladd 78 games 23g8a -14

Hamonic 49 games 3g11a -21

So Andy got his usual amount but those assists...aiiie. His +/- only eclipsed by Hamonic. Remember him?

CAR

Stemp 82 games 16g24a +2

Slavin, Pesce

Stempy continues to show Chevy made a mistake. CAR got 2 dmen with +20 numbers and they're both 22. Oh my.

BUF

Kane 70games 28g15a -17

Kane potting up goals again

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg