Around The NHL 2016/2017

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

If we were going to replace Maurice, Julien would have been nice in the off season  

Never been a fan of Therrien. 

Then again, Jets probably aren't going to replace Maurice. 

As much as I think they should and have gone on about it... it's becoming obvious that Mo will be sticking around for a bit longer 

Just now, Atomic said:

This really pisses me off.  Teams like the Blues, Habs, and Bruins all hit a slight speed bump and they have no hesitation whatsoever in replacing the coach.  The Jets suck year-in and year-out and they just sit around with their thumbs up their butts.  Such a joke.

Well said. Was thinking how I'd say it but you pretty much summed it up nicely 

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

This really pisses me off.  Teams like the Blues, Habs, and Bruins all hit a slight speed bump and they have no hesitation whatsoever in replacing the coach.  The Jets suck year-in and year-out and they just sit around with their thumbs up their butts.  Such a joke.

Hearing Lawless on H&L all week talking as if it's a foregone conclusion Maurice is re-upped is maddening!

I'm not all anti-Maurice or anything, I just can't for the life of me see why it's a sin to suggest coaching may be an issue in this town.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Hearing Lawless on H&L all week talking as if it's a foregone conclusion Maurice is re-upped is maddening!

I'm not all anti-Maurice or anything, I just can't for the life of me see why it's a sin to suggest coaching may be an issue in this town.

Give it a week or 2. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Simple.  Maurice and his assistants have a year left... Jets don't want to pay coaches to sit at home.

Agreed with the sentiments above.  There are always excuses. Montreal ain't. Along excuses. They are getting the best coach out there. And they didn't **** around either. 

Sure we weren't going to get him. But are we supposed to settle for a poor coach just because?  Because he likes Winnipeg?

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I find it hard to believe we'd have a shot at signing Julien anyways.  He's been a top tier coach for long enough, I don't think he'd have to "settle" for small market prairie hinterland team that perennially misses the playoffs. 

Well if you make him the highest-paid coach in the league then maybe it would be different.  We fans pay a premium on seats and concessions so True North better be paying to get the best talent here!!

Just now, Atomic said:

Well if you make him the highest-paid coach in the league then maybe it would be different.  We fans pay a premium on seats and concessions so True North better be paying to get the best talent here!!

No way TNSE would pay a coach over 6mil a year never ever

Just now, Floyd said:

Julien was making $3 million a year...  only Babcock is making ridiculous money.

I think TNSE is making around $12 million a year on the Jets alone...  they could afford a top tier coach.

Yeah they also make a butt load of money on other things such as the Moose and the MTS Iceplex.  If they aren't willing to pay a good coach then they are just greedy.  Let's change the chant to BOO NORTH

Frankly, the Jets are a team that should overpay for A+ coaching.  Get it, and get it at any cost.

I'm fairly okay with how a lot of our roster looks now in year 6 - but that don't mean shite if they can't win games.

If TNSE is all about process and this season is a continuation of the bigger picture *insert more Chevy speak* yadda yadda yadda - what do we do if we're still lousy by American Thanksgiving 2017?  Another process building year, rinse and repeat for 2018?

Just now, Jimmy Pop said:

Frankly, the Jets are a team that should overpay for A+ coaching.  Get it, and get it at any cost.

I'm fairly okay with how a lot of our roster looks now in year 6 - but that don't mean shite if they can't win games.

If TNSE is all about process and this season is a continuation of the bigger picture *insert more Chevy speak* yadda yadda yadda - what do we do if we're still lousy by American Thanksgiving 2017?  Another process building year, rinse and repeat for 2018?

Keep shipping out veterans and getting younger and then turning around and saying "Well we're still young!"  Chevy knows the perfect way to keep his job.