Around The NHL 2016/2017

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

My point is, the NFL actually hid the information from players.  There is no evidence the NHL did.  The NHL cant be responsible for players in the 70's and 80's suffering CTE when no one knew what that is.  Thats just a greedy cash grab.  But the NHL is NOW showing ignorance.  And they're going to lose.  Maybe they're just trying to drive the settlement down.

I'm not sure we know what info the NHL had or didn't have.

But I wasn't trying to make a point, other than the timing worked out well for the NFL. And, well, it's never a good time for the NHL.

I can understand why they plead ignorance but I wish the NHL would protect players more than they based on the science that's available today.

The denials are moot.  Bettman literally denied there was even an inkling of the Thrashers moving to Winnipeg while simultaneously, True North's lawyers were preparing the purchase.  I think the Coyotes probably do stay in Arizona because somehow they will get a sweet deal and the NHL has already bent over backwards to give them money. 

Lawlesss said that?? It makes no sense. Fleury has, what 2-3 years left?? Not a chance

The no trade thing isn't insurmountable in that it doesn't mean the jets wouldn't want him. They could always reach out to the agent and try and change minds. But really I don't see Jets being interested. And I'm a fleury fan.

Lawless is pushing the idea the jets will get a new #1. Time will tell

29 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Obviously people don't know about the Human Rights Museum and the polar bear exhibit at the zoo.

If you can choose from 31 cities then it's a no brainer that the small, cold, high tax, low success teams will be on the no go list. 

But if the Jets were a cup contender things would be different for many players 

How much does Little get his next contract and for how long? He'll be 30 when this one is done. Five years might be too long but I doubt he signs for less term. 5.25m x 4? Twenty-one million is pretty good for 4 years. The thing is, I think he is playing the best hockey of his career right now but still don't hink I would sign him for 5 years.