2016 NHL Draft

Would have liked to see the jets take Swedish d man Sebastian AHO with their traded pick. Good value but nobody picked him again.  I say again because he was draft eligible last year.  Size is an issue there but he's got some skill. Would offer him a pro tryout cuz definitely think he'd help the moose . 

Really strange draft... top 10 was pretty straight forward but from about 16 17 right till the end really... lots of interesting picks. Clague and Dineen falling wad interesting. Chychrun falling was interesting and seeing him talk after was tough... could tell he was definitely feeling it. Kinda wish the jets moved up to take him. Once Carolina who don't need D took bean.... I was like... ok... the rest is gonna be interesting to say the least and definitely was. 

Edited by Goalie

Non Homer winner of the draft... by far actually 

Keller at 7. Chychrun at 16. Dineen later. 

That would be Arizona 

Loser as I see it.... Florida who quite obviously drafted based completely on analytics and Toronto outside of Matthews went way of the board with their other picks 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Would have liked to see the jets take Swedish d man Sebastian AHO with their traded pick. Good value but nobody picked him again.  I say again because he was draft eligible last year.  Size is an issue there but he's got some skill. Would offer him a pro tryout cuz definitely think he'd help the moose .

Send Chevy a letter.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Non Homer winner of the draft... by far actually

I'll go with MTL's last pick which was our last pick we traded to them. Why did they need that pick? Hmmm...Hmmm...

Meanwhile on Twitter...

Hlk9hSP.jpg

We buddies now :P

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Any way you look at it I think the Jets were the big winners. Moving up the way they did in the Draft Lottery then getting Laine to add to the pool of talent we already have. I'm not sold on any of our goaltenders so perhaps we need to swing a trade parting with some of the talent we have. Flames got Elliott for a song.

Edited by iso_55

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

Any way you look at it I think the Jets were the big winners. Moving up the way they did in the Draft Lottery then getting Laine to add to the pool of talent we already have. I'm not sold on any of our goaltenders so perhaps we need to swing a trade parting with some of the talent we have. Flames got Elliott for a song.

You are not sold on Helle???

I 'm one of the few that thought Stanley would be a good pick up late in the first round, think he has the tools to eventually be a serviceable if not good d man. Was trading up to 18 a good idea i don't know, but Chevy and his must of known something and really liked this kid.

On Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Goalie said:

Would have liked to see the jets take Swedish d man Sebastian AHO with their traded pick. Good value but nobody picked him again.  I say again because he was draft eligible last year.  Size is an issue there but he's got some skill.

Enstrom 2.0. Just what we need.