Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

trade them nichols for franklin straight up!!!

No, but how about trading Willy for Franklin?  If the Bombers continue on to a 0-6 start under Willy I'm all for ditching him mid-season while he still has some trade value.  Franklin, Masoli, Lulay, Cato...doesn't matter much as it will be a salary dump and a sign that the QB job in Wpg. is once again open for competition.  Whether Nichols, Davis or whoever gets the majority of starts after that won't matter much as the goal will be to start fresh with a better QB in 2017.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

I'm not here to defend Drew Willy but he isn't calling the plays and that Oline looks about the same as last year. 5 sacks against. Success off and on with Harris, but yet the Offense kept going away from it. Lapo needs to be a lot better calling the plays. Drew clearly blew some throws to open receivers but the crappy performance is only about 1/3 on him IMO. Lapo and Oline own the rest

WEEK ONE - CFL POWDER RANKINGS

1 Hamilton

2 Ottawa

3 Montreal

4 BC

5 Edmonton

6 Calgary

7 Winnipeg

8 Toronto

9 -------

Of course Saskatchewan's awesomeness cannot be taken into account yet, but I'm sure they'll break into the top 9 next week...

Edited by Mr Dee

CFromhttp://www.oddsshark.com/cfl/power-rankings

Team Name Rank Last Week Change Power Schedule Adjusted Power
Ottawa 1 2 +1 +32.16 0.41 +13.32
Calgary 2 1 -1 +23.16 0.43 +10.04
Hamilton 3 4 +1 +11.99 0.53 +6.34
Edmonton 4 3 -1 +13.34 0.46 +6.10
British Columbia 5 5 - -2.25 0.53 -1.19
Montreal 6 6 - -9.69 0.49 -4.71
Toronto 7 7 - -22.61 0.48 -10.93
Winnipeg 8 9 +1 -22.56 0.53 -11.92
Saskatchewan 9 8 -1 -27.32 0.53 -14.44

FL FOOTBALL - POWER RANK

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Riders signed St. John finally.......booooooo. Was hoping to see them get ****** a little harder on that situation.

Reportedly signed for less than the original offer. Ya, he sure had us over the barrel

On the other hand:

Multiple CFL sources say the relationship between defensive end Shawn Lemon and the Saskatchewan has gone sour and the club is actively trying to trade the 27-year-old.

Lemon is listed third on the depth chart for Thursday’s season-opener against Toronto and some say he could be scratched from the game day roster. Sources say there is friction between Lemon and the coaching staff led by new vice president of football operations and head coach Chris Jones.

Edited by Fred C Dobbs

4 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Bottom line, Lemon is trouble ...

It hasn't been a secret that Jones wanted a committee approach to DE. Lots of rotation and fresh legs. If that doesn't work for Lemon, he won't be here long. I agree he has had problems being a good team mate in the past.

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

Reportedly signed for less than the original offer. Ya, he sure had us over the barrel

Your original offer was massive according to Lawless. Far more than any other draft pick in this class and possibly the biggest one ever, When guys like Vaillancourt were signed for far less, Jones decided his original offer was way too high and retracted it. That led to the shmozzle you guys had over the past two months. Now he signs a contract more in line with what Chungh and Mateas got last year and you are claiming victory for Jones. Still looks like egg on his face from my perspective.

8 hours ago, Ripper said:

It hasn't been a secret that Jones wanted a committee approach to DE. Lots of rotation and fresh legs. If that doesn't work for Lemon, he won't be here long. I agree he has had problems being a good team mate in the past.

He has been paid 85k already and no one will trade a thing of value for him and do the Riders a favor. You are stuck with a Sour Lemon.