Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

18 hours ago, Steve Fanitage said:

Lol, "what's with the Classic Rider Fans" comment. Well let's see. You are a Rider Fan on a Bomber forum who has somehow made it his personal duty to defend everything Saskatchewan. Look, I get it, sometimes things should be defended. But there is a big rivalry here. When you try to defend everything or smooth over everything, like the Rider's ratio cheating a few posts back by implying the league is mad at them and is watching them closely, it becomes a bit much. Lol, you are in enemy territory and deserved or not your choice of team colors will bug people. 

Anyone that reads more than one of my posts before commenting knows I don't defend all things that regard the Riders. I'm actually not happy with how things are right now and am less than impressed with our new coaching staff. Smoothing things over isn't my strong suit, my friends don't call me Ripper for no reason.

10 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Anyone that reads more than one of my posts before commenting knows I don't defend all things that regard the Riders. I'm actually not happy with how things are right now and am less than impressed with our new coaching staff. Smoothing things over isn't my strong suit, my friends don't call me Ripper for no reason.

I thought you said you moon lighted as an exotic dancer to put yourself through college, hence the name.  wrong ripper? ^_^

I am quite aware you are not happy with the Rider's right now. I follow this forum very closely and have read hundreds of your posts. I am equally aware there is a common theme among many of your posts and it is defending all things Saskatchewan. I am simply saying, if you are going to fly the Rider flag on a Bomber forum, don't be so surprised when people take jabs at Rider fans.

Edited by Steve Fanitage

50 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

considering his Tweeter moments I wouldn't be surprised to see him released before the end of the year. Especially if he isn't starting...though maybe he learned a few things.

He should probably see if Ottawa would have any interest in him.  That way, Burris could take him under his wing an show him how a master whiner does things.  Whiny tweets are strictly for teenagers.

Tom Higgins has been announced as the new DC for the Calgary Dinos.

http://calgaryherald.com/sports/football/footballs-calgary-dinos-add-ex-stampeders-head-coach-as-defensive-coordinator

A familiar face is returning to the McMahon Stadium sidelines.

Tom Higgins, a former Stampeders head coach and linebacker, has joined the University of Calgary Dinos football squad as defensive co-ordinator. He’s no stranger to Dinos coaching, either — Higgins served as a Dinos assistant coach from 1982-84 and was on staff for the team’s Vanier Cup win in 1983.

“We’re very excited to have Tom back with the Dinos,” head coach Wayne Harris said in a media release. “He is an excellent technician of the game and has developed plenty of great talent.”

Higgins patrolled the McMahon gridiron as a player for three seasons with the Canadian Football League’s Stampeders, from 1976-78. In the CFL, he’s also coached the Edmonton Eskimos (2001-04), with whom he won the Grey Cup in 2003, and the Montreal Alouettes (2014-15). From 2008-13, he served as the CFL’s director of officiating.

The team also added longtime Stampeders kicker J.T. Hay as kicking coach and Dinos alumnus Tom Knitter as special teams co-ordinator.

The Dinos, who went undefeated during the regular season in 2015 only to lose to UBC in the Hardy Cup, opens training camp on Sunday.

14 hours ago, holoman said:

Did I miss something about Hubbards tweets?

If I remember right, early in the season he complained about how hard he was working while less deserving players kept getting chances instead of him. Don't recall the exact quote, don't want to put words into his mouth... but that was the jist of it.

Here's a list of his tweets from earlier this year.  Some of them have since been deleted.

Adrian Hubbard ‏@Foreshadow90210 6h6 hours ago
All I care about is winning.

Hardwork don't pay off always. Im a living testimony.

Stomach be hurting just thinking about things going on

My goal has been to make a roster since getting into pro ball. I don't know where I went wrong or who I rubbed the wrong way.

I just love playing football ,winning ,and making plays. Would be nice to have to have everyone else on the same page!!

Be staying low key ,balling, and staying out of trouble. And I see guys whose skills are limited and staying in trouble keep getting chances

Slow digest. Peoples problem is they hate to look bad

Adrian Hubbard ‏@Foreshadow90210 5h5 hours ago
Mind Blowing

Any ex CFL guys trying out down south that would be worth keeping an eye on?  There are always some guys on the bubble that are cut loose that could make that little bit of a difference. Eric Rogers would have been a nice add. Too bad about his ACL. 

28 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Any ex CFL guys trying out down south that would be worth keeping an eye on?  There are always some guys on the bubble that are cut loose that could make that little bit of a difference. Eric Rogers would have been a nice add. Too bad about his ACL. 

The one I'd like to see us get is Terrell Sinkfield.