Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

Over at riderfans.com, looks like they are not happy with Demski lately. 

This from Trumper 

Yet to see the promise. He has, and still does, look like he'll be a serviceable NI player who never quite finds his stride. I would like to ship him to WPG, along with our 4th rounder for Loffler and Richards.

Why trade for Demski, he'll sign with the Bombers anyways in the off-season :D

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

This from Trumper 

the fact they think anyone would trade Loffler at this point speaks to amount of arrogance over there. Sure we'll trade you a rookie CND who has solidified his role in the starting line up for a guy who can't seem to break through on a team with sub par CNDs.

I like Demski, but I'm not trading anything to get him this year.

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

the fact they think anyone would trade Loffler at this point speaks to amount of arrogance over there. Sure we'll trade you a rookie CND who has solidified his role in the starting line up for a guy who can't seem to break through on a team with sub par CNDs.

I like Demski, but I'm not trading anything to get him this year.

I agree that there is no way we'd trade Loffler.   I think Loffler taking the field has added some needed energy to the team, and specifically created some fear over the middle.  He is an exciting starting quality NI player with huge upside.   You don't trade that.

I'd be willing to trade Richards for Demski at this point.   Maybe Castillo for Demski   (1 for 1 in either case)   I'd also be prepared to wait out the season and bring Demski home once he is a free agent.

Just now, Jaxon said:

I agree that there is no way we'd trade Loffler.   I think Loffler taking the field has added some needed energy to the team, and specifically created some fear over the middle.  He is an exciting starting quality NI player with huge upside.   You don't trade that.

I'd be willing to trade Richards for Demski at this point.   Maybe Castillo for Demski   (1 for 1 in either case)   I'd also be prepared to wait out the season and bring Demski home once he is a free agent.

It would be so Sask to trade a NAT RB for an INT K.

3 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

It would be so Sask to trade a NAT RB for an INT K.

Normally I wouldn't even suggest it, as it would seem unrealistic, but in this case Sask does need a kicker.   I'm not sure I'd class Demski as an RB though.   More like a SB, or perhaps a utility back who can go in at slot or RB if needed.   Given that we start an NI RB, having another on the roster is prudent.

Edited by Jaxon

42 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

Normally I wouldn't even suggest it, as it would seem unrealistic, but in this case Sask does need a kicker.   I'm not sure I'd class Demski as an RB though.   More like a SB, or perhaps a utility back who can go in at slot or RB if needed.   Given that we start an NI RB, having another on the roster is prudent.

He looks like he could be an Andre Durie type hybrid. He can takes snaps out of the backfield but has the ability to line up as a SB. Could be a VERY useful player to compliment/spell off Harris or use as an injury backup.

56 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

If I was any coach especially in the West. Under normal circumstance (assuming no emergencies gaps needing to be filled due to injury etc etc) I would be in no hurry to trade anything or anyone to Sask. No matter what they offer. Even a 1st rounder (i mean within reason, if they want Castillo for their 1st it'd be stupid to say no). Even if it would make your team better. Let them sink to the bottom and stay there. One less team to worry about come playoff time.

11 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

With the issues SSK is having just being able to field NIs at the moment .. I can't imagine them parting with Demski at all .. heh.

They picked up Ivan Brown, who couldn't get on the field on special teams here last year, let alone as a starter, and he was one of their best Canadians last night.

I'd be willing to trade Richards for Demski at this point.

Not so fast. 

I kind of like Demski, but he isn't exactly busting it open yet. As for Richards, there's no way I want to let him go without giving him every opportunity to prove the skeptics wrong..

10 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

This from Trumper 

You've hit a pet peeve of mine with this post.

If I wanted to see what is being said on riderfans.com, I would go to riderfans.com.   I don't (and hopefully most here don't) visit morningbigblue to read repetition of heresy and the subsequent commentary from the riderfans site.

If you do want to repeat the drivel from that site, start up another thread and so I don't have to read it or visit there.

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 7:17 AM, bearpants said:

I see their fan suggested trades are just as realistic as ours...

Welcome to every fan base on the planet.  When the team is losing, some fans panic. Demski isn't going anywhere. I like the kid, he is coming along nicely.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Welcome to every fan base on the planet.  When the team is losing, some fans panic. Demski isn't going anywhere. I like the kid, he is coming along nicely.

Classic Saskatchewan fans. Souring on Demski when he is literally the LEAST of their problems. The kid has a lot of talent. He should get some reps at Running Back his natural position. God know's the Riders have zero running game right now.

4 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Classic Saskatchewan fans. Souring on Demski when he is literally the LEAST of their problems. The kid has a lot of talent. He should get some reps at Running Back his natural position. God know's the Riders have zero running game right now.

What's with the "Classic Rider Fans` comment.  I read on here all the time and its been 911 all year until you won a couple games. When team x is losing, some fans panic. Its not exclusive to Saskatchewan, but hey proceed with your cheap shots if it makes you feel better. 

Lol, "what's with the Classic Rider Fans" comment. Well let's see. You are a Rider Fan on a Bomber forum who has somehow made it his personal duty to defend everything Saskatchewan. Look, I get it, sometimes things should be defended. But there is a big rivalry here. When you try to defend everything or smooth over everything, like the Rider's ratio cheating a few posts back by implying the league is mad at them and is watching them closely, it becomes a bit much. Lol, you are in enemy territory and deserved or not your choice of team colors will bug people. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

What's with the "Classic Rider Fans` comment.  I read on here all the time and its been 911 all year until you won a couple games. When team x is losing, some fans panic. Its not exclusive to Saskatchewan, but hey proceed with your cheap shots if it makes you feel better. 

This is a bombe Forum. It's no different on the rider board. It's all in good fun. Lighten up! 

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Rider fan comes to a Bomber forum, finds people making fun of the Riders and their fans and gets outraged.  Colour me shocked.

PS - Riders suck

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

hold on to him while you can... but say bye-bye at the end of the season coz hes coming home... ?