Bomber Sign Rouse and Schulte

Bombers have signed LB/S Aaron Rouse and OL Colt Schulte to the PR.

Rouse (6-4, 227, Virginia Tech, DOB: January 8, 1984 in Norfolk, Virginia) was a third round (89th overall) draft pick of the Green Bay Packers in the 2007 NFL Draft and went on to play in 41 career NFL games, including 18 starts, with the Packers and New York Giants.  He recorded 109 tackles, one sack, four interceptions and 11 pass knockdowns in his four-year NFL career, with one of his interceptions being returned 99 yards for a touchdown.  He also spent two years in the United Football League and picked off three passes for the Virginia Destroyers in the 2011 Championship Game, for which he was named the game’s MVP.

In four seasons at Virginia Tech, Rouse never missed a game, recording 217 total tackles, 12 tackles for loss, five interceptions, four forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. 

Schulte (6-6, 296, Missouri Western State, DOB: April 25, 1990 in Bagnell, Missouri) played in 50 games over four years for the Griffons, including 38 starts, splitting time between guard and tackle.  As a junior, Schulte helped his team rush for 240 yards per game and 5.4 yards per carry and followed that up by being named second team All-MIAA as a senior when he helped the Griffons break numerous records while covering the quarterback’s blind side.

The Blue Bombers have also released import defensive back Joe Sampson and import offensive lineman Aderious Simmons from the practice roster.

I was at the airport Monday night and saw this huge dude come out of the international arrival gate carrying Virginia bags. Right as I thought "he looks like a football player" a guy in a bomber shirt greeted him and lead him out of the terminal.

Glad to see it turned out to be a defender. I've been curious as to who he was.

Rouse lined up at safety in practice today... love it

so where do we get the NI spot?  On the DL?  3rd Canadian receiver?  Swiston/Pencer tandem at tackle?

Guessing this one since Swiston didn't seem out of place against SSK there

Most likely. That has been my #1 complaint for weeks.  If the import tackles aren't effective, at least start a Canadian and help the ratio

As a Packers fan, always thought that Rouse showed well when he got a chance to start. He's not someone that will jump out and make a lot of plays, but someone who is very steady who won't be leaving his teammates out to dry, or make up for his mistakes.

A fellow Packer fan, very nice.  I hate hearing how much of a Vikings town we are... that's garbage.

Nothing to not like about the move(s) today - if nothing else, should be a continuing reminder to the guy's currently occupying those positions to get better or get out.

Rouse lined up at safety in practice today... love it

so where do we get the NI spot? On the DL? 3rd Canadian receiver? Swiston/Pencer tandem at tackle?

Kohlert returned to practice today, possibly there?

wouldn't mind that unless its at the cost of seeing the new guy..