Surprise Surprise

Goalie

3 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Just to wade in here but like KBF said, I read & heard on CNN yesterday that the shooter did shout that Allah Akbar **** when he was killing people. Either survivors said that or when he dialed 911 3 times...

The whole "dont blame an entire religion" thing is interesting.  While there will always be some that blame all of Islam or all of Christianity when these things happen, I think generally people get it.  But Bernie Sanders today said "this was the act of one man, not a religion".  Well actually, if what we hear is true, that he WAS at least partly inspired by his religion devotion then religion was a big part of it. Islam?  Okay, we can say no.  Radical Islam?  Absolutely. 

But for so many lefts its so hard to say that.  There are issues in both Christianity and Islam.  Let's not pretend that there isn't.  Let's not pretend that moderate Muslim's arent ignoring or passively interpreting certain aspects of their religion.  This issue wont be overcome by declaring war on Islam, especially be predominantly white Christians.  It really requires more Muslims to stand up and educate their young people away from radicalization.  But burying our heads in the sand doesnt help either.

I think we can separate Islam from Radical Islam.  We can blame Radical islam and that IS a religious movement.

My feeling is the Muslim world doesn't do enough. Whenever this happens we hear Muslims saying how terrible it is but they don't do anything to change things. Whether it's trying to see who is being radicalized in mosques & not reporting to authorities to Saudi Arabia, Quatar, the United Arab Emirates not taking any refugees & making the West responsible for them. Until more is done by Muslims everywhere & Muslim countries people will feel the way they do. That it's all talk & no action.

Asia, including the Middle East

34 Afghanistan
35 Bangladesh
36 Bhutan
37 Brunei
38 Daesh (or ISIS / ISIL)
39 India
40 Iran
41 Iraq
42 Kuwait
43 Lebanon (law ruled invalid in one court)
44 Malaysia
45 Maldives
46 Myanmar
47 Oman
48 Pakistan
49 Palestine/Gaza Strip
50 Qatar
51 Saudi Arabia
52 Singapore
53 Sri Lanka
54 Syria
55 Turkmenistan
56 United Arab Emirates
57 Uzbekistan
58 Yemen

What do they all have in common?

Just to wade in here but like KBF said, I read & heard on CNN yesterday that the shooter did shout that Allah Akbar **** when he was killing people. Either survivors said that or when he dialed 911 3 times...

yeah I head it on CNN too.  There is so much talking head stuff going on here its tough to sift through what's right and what isn't.  What I don't get is the denial going on here that this guy wasn't radicalized.  Of course he was.  Why is that even an issue here? 

49 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

My feeling is the Muslim world doesn't do enough. Whenever this happens we hear Muslims saying how terrible it is but they don't do anything to change things. Whether it's trying to see who is being radicalized in mosques & not reporting to authorities to Saudi Arabia, Quatar, the United Arab Emirates not taking any refugees & making the West responsible for them. Until more is done by Muslims everywhere & Muslim countries people will feel the way they do. That it's all talk & no action.

Iso - sounds like you would get along with this guy from the show Homeland (love that show BTW):

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah I head it on CNN too.  There is so much talking head stuff going on here its tough to sift through what's right and what isn't.  What I don't get is the denial going on here that this guy wasn't radicalized.  Of course he was.  Why is that even an issue here? 

Yeah that part is weird.  Vowing allegiance to ISIS, shouting what he did, supporting suicide bombers.  I mean, are these coincidences?  Was he lying about these things in an effort to set ISIS up?  Come on...

He likely had multiple motives.  Multiple things drove him to this.  Anger, self loathing, insanity, devotion to radical Islam, hatred of gays, self doubt over his own homosexuality...who knows.  But by his own words he was radicalized.

9 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Denial. By politicians, the media & the left.

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Iso - sounds like you would get along with this guy from the show Homeland (love that show BTW):

I've never watched Homeland. Maybe I should. However, his idea to pound Rocca into a parking lot isn't my idea. I think the Muslim World has to do more if it wants Non Muslims around the world to trust them.

9 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I've never watched Homeland. Maybe I should. However, his idea to pound Rocca into a parking lot isn't my idea. I think the Muslim World has to do more if it wants Non Muslims around the world to trust them.

No, and I don't think he's really advocating for it either.  The only idea he had that made any sense was bringing in an army of doctors and teachers to try and break the current generation away from the fundamental Islamic mind set that traps these people in this life style.  You should read Infidel by Aayan Hirsi Ali.  What's scary about that book is that she almost got trapped in an arranged marriage and forced to live under the precepts of Sharia law, where she would be chattel.  She escaped by getting off a plane in Holland.  Where was that plane headed, that was going to force her into a life of human bondage?  To Toronto.  That's the scary part.  But let's all put our hands over our eyes and ears and pretend that this doesn't happen in Canada.

And you should watch Homeland, you would love it.

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

How stupid. Great timing. What a moron.

Not to defend this guy, but it was a month ago that he put forward the motion.  Not just today as this tweet seems to imply.  That being said, even though it was a month ago, it is ridiculous and I don't agree with it, or any assault rifle for that matter being made easier to obtain. 

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

Not to defend this guy, but it was a month ago that he put forward the motion.  Not just today as this tweet seems to imply.  That being said, even though it was a month ago, it is ridiculous and I don't agree with it, or any assault rifle for that matter being made easier to obtain. 

Agreed. We don't need Canadians carrying those things around. Not that gun laws in this country will ever be repealed.

15 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Libs refusing to talk about or accept Islamic radicalism.

You guys really need to stop pointing fingers at Liberals.  Stop acting like the Cons are so much better.  They're just as blind to all of this as all politicians are.  The guy in the video even said Bush was doing the same thing.

And what the heck is a picture of Ben Affleck doing in that video?!?!

6 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

You guys really need to stop pointing fingers at Liberals.  Stop acting like the Cons are so much better.  They're just as blind to all of this as all politicians are.  The guy in the video even said Bush was doing the same thing.

And what the heck is a picture of Ben Affleck doing in that video?!?!

Let's not give the Liberals a pass.  For starters they are the current government.  Trudeau blamed the victims after the Boston bombing.  They refused to acknowledge the acts of ISIS and, in fact, applauded defeat of motion to do so. 

Affleck is very outspoken on this issue. 

Sharia Law.  There are examples of the push for this and in some cases, implementation throughout Canada.

36 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Let's not give the Liberals a pass.  For starters they are the current government.  Trudeau blamed the victims after the Boston bombing.  They refused to acknowledge the acts of ISIS and, in fact, applauded defeat of motion to do so. 

Affleck is very outspoken on this issue. 

Sharia Law.  There are examples of the push for this and in some cases, implementation throughout Canada.

That's BS.  Trudeau didn't blame the victims at all.  And he didn't refuse to acknowledge it was ISIS, he said that you need to find who it is and not just go blaming terrorism right off the bat.  The thing I like about him, is he doesn't run scared like most people.  He keeps an even head instead of being a reactionist and scaring people into "more security".  This is why our society is getting so bubble wrapped.  You can't walk through life looking over your shoulder and worrying if your neighbor is going to be a terrorist.  All these camera's and security that the US has implemented sure hasn't stopped them from having attacks on their soil.

In any case, I'm not saying give Liberals a pass, I'm saying all politicians are evil.  The end.  There's no point in pointing fingers, they're all stupid and are all going to do something that screws something up.  Trudeau, Harper, Obama, whoever.

11 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

That's BS.  Trudeau didn't blame the victims at all.  And he didn't refuse to acknowledge it was ISIS, he said that you need to find who it is and not just go blaming terrorism right off the bat.  The thing I like about him, is he doesn't run scared like most people.  He keeps an even head instead of being a reactionist and scaring people into "more security".  This is why our society is getting so bubble wrapped.  You can't walk through life looking over your shoulder and worrying if your neighbor is going to be a terrorist.  All these camera's and security that the US has implemented sure hasn't stopped them from having attacks on their soil.

In any case, I'm not saying give Liberals a pass, I'm saying all politicians are evil.  The end.  There's no point in pointing fingers, they're all stupid and are all going to do something that screws something up.  Trudeau, Harper, Obama, whoever.

lol

Just to add my two cents... it's not uncommon for people to claim membership to radical groups and to join the cause even if they have had zero communication with the real radicals. 

A few dumbasses in Manitoba have pledged to be members of ISIS despite being white as snow.

Usually these kind of people are loners desperate for acceptance and to have some kind of purpose in life. And / or they have extreme mental issues.

I assume this guy was just a crazy who went nuts. If ISIS really wanted to kill the gay community they would of planned an attack  at a parade where they could of killed way more people.

On 6/14/2016 at 1:43 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

The whole "dont blame an entire religion" thing is interesting.  While there will always be some that blame all of Islam or all of Christianity when these things happen, I think generally people get it.  But Bernie Sanders today said "this was the act of one man, not a religion".  Well actually, if what we hear is true, that he WAS at least partly inspired by his religion devotion then religion was a big part of it. Islam?  Okay, we can say no.  Radical Islam?  Absolutely. 

But for so many lefts its so hard to say that.  There are issues in both Christianity and Islam.  Let's not pretend that there isn't.  Let's not pretend that moderate Muslim's arent ignoring or passively interpreting certain aspects of their religion.  This issue wont be overcome by declaring war on Islam, especially be predominantly white Christians.  It really requires more Muslims to stand up and educate their young people away from radicalization.  But burying our heads in the sand doesnt help either.

I think we can separate Islam from Radical Islam.  We can blame Radical islam and that IS a religious movement.

Maybe we should go the route that if any human being decides to do any nutty thing and tries to tie it to any type of religion, spirituality, the collective we don't use the word 'religion', 'spiritual' anywhere in describing their acts. They can say it all they want but we will not recognize their words and their deeds as any other than insane. e.g., You're (there you go Noeller, I used it right :-) not part of a religious movement, you're part of an insane movement you freak of nature.  

On 6/14/2016 at 0:34 PM, iso_55 said:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/europe/british-mp-jo-cox-attacked/index.html

A British MP was killed today by a man yelling "put Britain first".  Under the circumstances, I guess this constitutes an act of terrorism as well.  If I ever seek out my "moment in the sun" I think I'll be yelling "Go Bombers Go" before they gun me down....yah, "Bring back Joe Mack" wouldn't be a good epitaph.

On 6/15/2016 at 8:26 AM, Logan007 said:

I'm not a politician but no, they're not all non smart. There are some good ones regardless of ideology.

AR 15 sales rocket after Orlando massacre.

'We normally sell two a day, today we are selling up to 15 an hour': Georgia gun shop reports soaring AR 15 sales while Pennsylvania dealer has sold 15,000 since Orlando massacre

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3641508/We-normally-sell-two-day-today-selling-15-hour-Georgia-gun-shop-reports-soaring-AR-15-sales-Pennsylvania-dealer-sold-15-000-Orlando-massacre.html#ixzz4Blrvkrbs