general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So after all of the hype from you guys about Chychrun, now he's actually not that great?

It wasn't me hyping Chychrun. I'm not that high on him at all and haven't been all year. He's very overrated in my opinion. Something ain't right with him. He's fallen from top 2 at the start of the year to possibly falling out of the top 12. I prefer Sergachev over Chychrun. Juolevi also. 

Edited by Goalie

With locking up Connor, acquiring Dano, Helle'buyck's  development period in the big leagues and having the 2nd overall draft pick and knowing Chevy's history and where we are at, can't see him pulling the pin on a major trade anytime soon unless of course it's  a no brainer. More likely we will see a half dozen minor trades if there any takers on players like Stuart, Stafford, Burmistrov, Hutchinson, Postma etc. If anything, we may focus more at acquiring a upgrade in Goaltending to push Helle and Pav/Hutch.  I'd say out of all the positions, that's where the most uncertainty is even with Helle's l potential. I'm not sure who we could realistically think about acquiring.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If we're battling for a playoff spot Chevy won't likely make any deadline trades. However if we aren't then stafford, Stu and Pavalec are all guys he's want to unload at the deadline. 

I could see Pavelec being shipped regardless of the playoff situation *if* Helle has won the starting role.   

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If we're battling for a playoff spot Chevy won't likely make any deadline trades. However if we aren't then stafford, Stu and Pavalec are all guys he's want to unload at the deadline. 

Edited by HardCoreBlue

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Ship pavelec where tho . Lol. Can you trade him to the khl. I really don't think pav is tradeable. It's not like other teams are like...you know who'd make us a contender. ..Pavelec. 

Bubblewrap him, take the hit (easy for me to say, not my loot), start fresh at the goaltending position.

As a trade deadline deal. Pavs isnt a tough deal to make IMO.  If a team has nothing they are confident in at back up, he's still a veteran who has, at times, played very well.  Many teams look at a player's struggle and think they can fix him.  Fans do too for that matter.  With little risk or cost (Pavs going into UFA status), I could see a 2nd round pick (3rd maybe?) or prospect in exchange for him.  I think the idea you need a a lights out goalie to win in the playoffs isnt so true anymore, but most teams probably dont feel comfortable without a solid back up.  The Pens have used three goalies.  St Louis, Dallas, Tampa all used more than one also.

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

Interesting to note that if expansion does happen you don't have to expose 25 percent of your cap. Makes things interesting now cuz jets could move on from stafford and pavelec now seeing as tho the only real reason to keep them was to help get to the 25 percent mark. 

That, and he scored 21 goals.

4 hours ago, Ducky said:

Does anyone think Chevy pulls off a trade on or before the draft...I think he will but it won't be a big one. Maybe trade Stafford (doubt it) or Burmi. I'd like to see him get an LHD but I doubt he will.

Better get a 2nd and 4th for Staff...just like Stempy.

4 hours ago, Ducky said:

Hard to unload Stu with a year remaining and Pavs because he sucks but I would expect Staf to be moved at the TD or hopefully before.

Would be great if Pavs had a good world cup but is he even top 2 there.

Sounds like EXPANSION to Vegas is a done deal, just waiting for the BOG to approve it and they will. Expansion draft to take place next June. Vegas to begin playing in 2017/2018 season. 

Quebec City probably doesn't get expansion. Probably gets relocation of a team. Carolina seems likely now. Probably not until 2017/18 also tho. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Sounds like EXPANSION to Vegas is a done deal, just waiting for the BOG to approve it and they will. Expansion draft to take place next June. Vegas to begin playing in 2017/2018 season. 

Quebec City probably doesn't get expansion. Probably gets relocation of a team. Carolina seems likely now. Probably not until 2017/18 also tho. 

It will be really interesting to see what happens with Carolina.  The lawsuit by the sons might force it.  I guess it depends if the sons care about the team.  if they win the lawsuit and are awarded $100m+ in damages, they could take the Hurricanes off their dad's hand but I'd suspect that results in a sale.  The issue becomes whether there is anyone in Carolina that wants to buy the team.  Plus the Hurricanes operate the arena so it could end up the same way as the Thrashers where not only do you have to buy the team, you have to pay the sellers to play in their building. 

Looking forward to Vegas.  I could definitely see flying down to watch the Jets play though I prefer Vegas in the summer.

Myers doesn't have a NMC, he has a NTC... why would you trade him? It makes no sense, there is some talk even that NMC are immune to the draft meaning teams don't even have to protect those players. If Myers does have a NMC, pretty positive it's a NTC but if he does, then you trade Enstrom who doesn't really fit in to the whole age category. Gotta eventually come to the conclusion and fact that the Jets won't be trading Myers. Just deal with it really lol. 

Maurice was talking about Myers as a potential name for Captain or Assistant Captain, They aren't gonna trade him. And so what if he does have a NMC, you'd rather trade him over losing a bottom 6 forward or a bottom 2 d man? I mean, who do you think we'd be losing in this expansion draft? 

I'll tell you who it would be... 

1 of Chiarot,Stuart,Armia,Dano,Burmistrov,Stafford (if he's not traded by then), Thorburn,Peluso... BOTTOM 6 guys and Bottom 2 D pairings.

If the choice comes down to protecting 4 d men and 4 forwards, I protect buff enstrom (unless i move him) Trouba,Myers, Scheif,Wheeler,Little,Lowry

Perreault is a FA after this season, why protect him unless he's signed to a new deal, makes no sense, do a little wink wink nudge nudge sign you after the expansion draft is over agreement with him. 

We won't be losing anyone of much importance really when it comes down to it. 

Edited by Goalie