general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hutch is here because, in part, every team needs to have a goalie exposed in the expansion draft.  Helle isnt eligible and neither is Pavs.  So Hutch is it.

I think the options you mentioned are all too expensive for the Jets' needs.  If the Jets were cup contenders, perhaps they'd see the value in a veteran back up.  But since they arent really cup contenders, continuing to grow and develop with their young goalies is likely the way they will go.  If they felt they needed a veteran back up, they would have kept Pavs with the Jets.

Good points.  And this might be a better topic next season when we're past the expansion draft and the expectations for the Jets are higher.  Especially if our goaltending is still a question mark. 

Just now, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Good points.  And this might be a better topic next season when we're past the expansion draft and the expectations for the Jets are higher.  Especially if our goaltending is still a question mark. 

Agreed.  And I think the Jets are loving the depth they have.  Fans are quick to pitch fantasy trades but in reality, enjoy the riches.  And keep in mind, Pavs, Stafford and others come off the cap next season.  Get through expansion and see the lay of the land, see who we lost and whether we can replace that in-house or need to go outside.  I dont see the Jets making many, or any, deals this year.  Stand pat and see what we have.  *maybe* they trade Stafford or Pavs at the deadline (Pavs being the one they'd most likely move) since he serves no real purpose right now.

But if the Jets are a quality playoff team at the deadline, Stafford is the type of veteran insurance they'd probably want to add.  So we'd just as soon keep him.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hutch is here because, in part, every team needs to have a goalie exposed in the expansion draft. Helle isnt eligible and neither is Pavs.  So Hutch is it.

I think the options you mentioned are all too expensive for the Jets' needs.  If the Jets were cup contenders, perhaps they'd see the value in a veteran back up.  But since they arent really cup contenders, continuing to grow and develop with their young goalies is likely the way they will go.  If they felt they needed a veteran back up, they would have kept Pavs with the Jets.

Helle is eligible and needs to be protected.

• 1 month later...

LA trades Muzzin (3 more seasons after this one for 4m per) and a 2nd in 2017 for Perreault, Dano and a 3rd in 2018.

Jets protect Helle, Scheif, Wheeler, Little, Buff, Trouba, Muzzin, Myers, and Enstrom.

Muzzin Buff

Morrissey Trouba

Enstrom Myers

scary good D corps.

4 hours ago, Ducky said:

LA trades Muzzin (3 more seasons after this one for 4m per) and a 2nd in 2017 for Perreault, Dano and a 3rd in 2018.

Jets protect Helle, Scheif, Wheeler, Little, Buff, Trouba, Muzzin, Myers, and Enstrom.

Muzzin Buff

Morrissey Trouba

Enstrom Myers

scary good D corps.

Why would LA even return Chevy's call for this trade offer? 

Stromes skating is an issue. If he can work on that... he has potential for sure but... not sure it's 1 center or even 2 center potential.  

Drouin actually has similar numbers to Dano believe it or not... the fancy stats are very similar with Dano actually being better in many categories. I wouldn't have any interest in Drouin. Especially not in a trouba deal.  Why do the jets need more wingers? 

Drouin will be a star and will probably get some serious offer sheets. He has twice the points as Dano and put up 14 points in 17 games in the playoffs last season. He is a level above Dano.

Actually, Dano's game hasn't really impressed me in the last 12 or so games.

Drouin was playing with Stamkos and another star. Danos played with Lowry and Stafford for the most part. 

It makes a difference plus trading trouba or a d man (which we need) for yet another winger (which we dont) is just silly.

Edited by Goalie

Fun fact about Dylan Strome. 

2015 Draft TOP 10 in order 

McDavid

Eichel 

Strome

Marner 

Hanifin 

Zacha

Provorov 

Werenski 

Timo Meir 

Rantanen 

9 of 10 are playing in the NHL right now 

Strome is not. Not saying he's a bust but comparing him against guys who aren't his peers at the world junior tourney doesn't really prove much. 

In reality it's Tyson Jost drafted 10th overall by Colorado  in 2016 who has been the most consistent not the 3rd overall pick who is the only guy taken in the top 10 who is not in the nhl currently 

Edited by Goalie

31 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Drouin was playing with Stamkos and another star. Danos played with Lowry and Stafford for the most part. 

It makes a difference plus trading trouba or a d man (which we need) for yet another winger (which we dont) is just silly.

I don't want to trade Trouba period. but Stamkos has been out for how many games? Drouin has 11 points in his last 10 games...Dano has 10 points all year so far. I'd trade a 2018 1st and something for him though....Dano or Copp maybe but our need for sure isn't wingers.

Drouin won't be a Jet.  Jets won't be trading 1st Rd picks either.  It just won't happen. I like fantasy trade proposals and all but I mean Cmon.  Why would Tampa even consider that. They wouldn't.  Bottom line with Drouin. He's not really needed here at all. 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Fun fact about Dylan Strome. 

2015 Draft TOP 10 in order 

McDavid

Eichel 

Strome

Marner 

Hanifin 

Zacha

Provorov 

Werenski 

Timo Meir 

Rantanen 

9 of 10 are playing in the NHL right now 

Strome is not. Not saying he's a bust but comparing him against guys who aren't his peers at the world junior tourney doesn't really prove much. 

In reality it's Tyson Jost drafted 10th overall by Colorado  in 2016 who has been the most consistent not the 3rd overall pick who is the only guy taken in the top 10 who is not in the nhl currently 

I think what's most telling is that they passed up defenders, when that's clearly a need of theirs and has been for some time. What a drop from 2nd pick to 3rd. Imagine if Matthews had been eligible?!

But let's not count out Strome yet. Revisit in a few years, when Strome is in the NHL. Some players are better served developing for longer. Like Sheif.

Still, in hindsight, I'm sure the Avs would like a redo on the 2015 draft.