general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

On 9/28/2016 at 2:46 PM, Jimmy Pop said:

And even that trade, from a pure talent perspective: Kane was the best player in that deal. 

and yet we got a guy who was picked 12th overall and won rookie of the year back.  I know one guy here has a hate on for him but I am so happy Chevy pried Myers out of Buffalo.  He'll be a good anchor of our D for a long time.  And he wants to be here!!

If you are referring to me, I don't have a hate on for him. I just think he is our 3rd best RHD and should have been traded for a LHD. Now, Trouba wants a trade so I am happy with keeping Myers as our 2RHD. You have a hate on for Enstrom though and he is our 1LHD! Without him our LHD looks like Chiarot, Stuart, Morrissey.

Morrissey will make the team but Stu shouldn't be on it and Chiarot is a good 7th D man.

Edited by Ducky

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

If you are referring to me, I don't have a hate on for him. I just think he is our 3rd best RHD and should have been traded for a LHD. Now, Trouba wants a trade so I am happy with keeping Myers as our 2RHD. You have a hate on for Enstrom though and he is our 1LHD! Without him our LHD looks like Chiarot, Stuart, Morrissey.

Morrissey will make the team but Stu shouldn't be on it and Chiarot is a good 7th D man.

If Enstrom is our 1LHD (I hate these stupid terms) then that's why we won't make the playoffs again this year.  We need to get better at that spot.  A lot better.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If Enstrom is our 1LHD (I hate these stupid terms) then that's why we won't make the playoffs again this year.  We need to get better at that spot.  A lot better.

You don't do that by trading your best player at that position.

We need to upgrade our D depth. There isn't much in the cupboard after Morrissey in the near future.

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

You don't do that by trading your best player at that position.

We need to upgrade our D depth. There isn't much in the cupboard after Morrissey in the near future.

We can agree on the fact that we need to upgrade our D depth.  If Enstrom is the best player at his position then we have a serious problem, as he is just plain not good enough to be in that position.

Streit, MDZ (re-signed), Hagg for Trouba (re-signed) and Lemieux.

Streit (for one year) MDZ and Enstrom as our starting LHD. MDZ re-signed for four years for a 2LHD would be nice. Hagg is going to play in the NHL in a couple years.

Philly drops close to 10m in salary so they have room to pay Trouba and Lemieux.

Enstrom Buff

MDZ Myers

Streit Morrissey

Streit is gone in a year and Enstrom in two. Morrissey slides over to the left side and Hagg starts in two.

Edited by Ducky

Good god. Trouba is worth more than that by himself.  Stop withthe fantasy trades or at least try to put some thought in it. With Philly .... unless sanheim or Provorov is involved nope and Lemieux ain't going anywhere yet if ever. Jets very high on him. 

I had a dream last night that the Jets traded Trouba to Buffalo in something like a 12-14 player trade.  Oddly, it seemed they ended up with Krug so maybe it was a three team deal.  But leaving Winnipeg was Trouba, Lemieux, Armia, a minor league goalie who's name I cant remember (Phillips?) and I think Burmi for a package that included almost no one I had heard of.  And everyone was angry.  Then I woke up mad.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I had a dream last night that the Jets traded Trouba to Buffalo in something like a 12-14 player trade.  Oddly, it seemed they ended up with Krug so maybe it was a three team deal.  But leaving Winnipeg was Trouba, Lemieux, Armia, a minor league goalie who's name I cant remember (Phillips?) and I think Burmi for a package that included almost no one I had heard of.  And everyone was angry.  Then I woke up mad.

YrbP4UB.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So let's just pretend Ottawa offered Erik Karlsson for Trouba?  You'd turn that down cuz we need a good defensive d man? I don't think so. The best D is a good O. 

The more this Lindholm in Anaheim stuff drags on I think it's more likely a trouba plus petan type for Lindholm deal seems likely.  

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Ducky said:

I wasn't talking about Trouba....we need a defensive D man whether it is in trade for Trouba or not.

Our problem is keeping the goals out of the net.

Maybe it's a coaching problem cuz it seems like that's been the issue regardless of who is in goal.