general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Chevy to have a presser today at noon.  General media Q&A or something interesting?

Last media availability prior to the draft.

I expect a lot of nothing.

"Contract talks ongoing..."

"Always talking to other GMs across the league..."

Rinse. Repeat.

Edited by JCon
Add more info

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

part of the problem because a bunch of forwards can't get the defense in shape and they can't get contributions from the bottom 6? Hell lots of nights if Hall wasn't going offensively no one on that team was. I don't see how people like to blame the guys like Hall and Eberle and RNH when the guys around them have been for the most part useless. McTavish was an idiot but he was right about one thing, he called a lot of guys on the team out for being at best non factors in a game. 

I don't blame Hall.

Just to be clear,  you guys want your RFAs to quit? Or you're hoping to re-sign them? Just curious...'cause I'm pretty sure the Oilers would take some rather than you just asking them to resign...

Edited by Noeller

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Just to be clear,  you guys want your RFAs to quit? Or you're hoping to re-sign them? Just curious...'cause I'm pretty sure the Oilers would take some rather than you just asking them to resign...

Old and lame joke.  To be clear, "resign" is to quit.  "Re-sign" is to sign again.  I think we all know what we're talking about.  However, I am resigned to the fact we will hear this joke again and again.

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

of course the Oilers would take them, as all of their draft picks other than Hall and McDavid suck.

7 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Do not type in Anal Award for a google image search ...

HA!

Funny, on a different forum I referred to someone as "acting anal" and another poster was very upset, thinking it was a reference to anal sex.  She must have googled it too.  Or perhaps I should include "retentive" at all times lol

6 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Ok a few rolls of Islanders stick tape ... not thinking they would do that deal if Chevy asked for more than Haminoc.

Im not thinking a huge throw in.  But something a long the lines of a bigger deal.  Say Hamonic and Okposo or Hamonic and Bailey for Trouba+.  Maybe Leddy or Palech to help out our LHD situation.

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im not thinking a huge throw in.  But something a long the lines of a bigger deal.  Say Hamonic and Okposo or Hamonic and Bailey for Trouba+.  Maybe Leddy or Palech to help out our LHD situation.

Only because the Jets and other Canadian weren't willing to deal at that point. The Islanders would take Trouba, just not sure if either team would have to do a package deal to get it done.

Edited by IC Khari

3 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Touba for Haminoc straight up Chevy, it's time ...

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I thought Hamonic rescinded his trade request?

He did and the Islanders wouldn't even take that trade straight up. They walked the fence his mom would get better and lo and behold.

Trouba for Maatta straight up.

Brief recap of Chevy presser 

They are going to sign scheif and trouba. Pretty much just waiting for cap number to come out. 

2nd overall pick is pretty much decided on. It's in ink he said. 

Maurice is the person who will be interviewing assistants and no time frame as to how long that will take 

Open to trades. Not worried about offer sheets cuz they have the cap space. 

Looking to upgrade the LHD side of things whether through trade draft free agency or guys who might be rfa but won't get an offer from their team. 

Pick 22 will be interesting. Open to trade but as of now plan is to use pick 22. 

Things should pick up now between teams. Next month or so is very busy 

Chevy is like the Iraqi information minister.  Interesting answer to "Are you trading Trouba".  He repeated the question which is a trick to buy time while you consider your response.  Sounds to me like he wanted to put out information for a reason or there have been talks, not concrete talks maybe.  But enough that Chevy didnt want to be a liar if they trade him.

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Chevy is like the Iraqi information minister.  Interesting answer to "Are you trading Trouba".  He repeated the question which is a trick to buy time while you consider your response.  Sounds to me like he wanted to put out information for a reason or there have been talks, not concrete talks maybe.  But enough that Chevy didnt want to be a liar if they trade him.

I would guess Chevy anticipated this question.