general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

Aren't the rumors coming from the same source that said Buff wanted an eight year contract or no?

I think if Trouba is moved and I don't think he will be, it will be because of his asking price and term.

Chevy knows how to play hardball...just ask Kaner or Ladd.

He also let Wheeler, Little, Bogosian, Tangradi and Postma file for salary arbitration one summer about 3 years ago.

Trouba's agent has his work cut out for him.

13 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well Kane pocketed 30 goals so of course he was gonna score 5m/yr. It was our coach who turned him into what he became.

Noel, Maurice, or Bylsma?

He's played under many and only scored more than 20 under Noel. 

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

My absolute favourite thing about MBB/Jets is the consensus take on Oilers players.....

The Oilers suck therefore every player on the team sucks, except McDavid, the stink isn't on him yet because he's only been there for a few games. 

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

My absolute favourite thing about MBB/Jets is the consensus take on Oilers players.....

Thanks.  I like Taylor Hall, and McDavid of course, but the rest of the Oiler picks have been real under-achievers.  I actually hope they do something with the 4th pick this year that makes them go somewhere as their sucking has been monumental for far too long.

51 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Thanks.  I like Taylor Hall, and McDavid of course, but the rest of the Oiler picks have been real under-achievers.  I actually hope they do something with the 4th pick this year that makes them go somewhere as their sucking has been monumental for far too long.

Patently false. Yakupov has been an underperformer but that's really about it. RNH is fine, he's been thrown to the wolves and kept his head above water, just because he had a poor year with injuries this past season doesn't mean he's not a good player. Eberle has been exactly what he's supposed to be, Klefbom looks to have developed great except for getting a freak infection that kept him out all of the last part of the season, Draisaitl looked great last year, Nurse will be perfectly fine. It's not their picks that have been the problem, it's been failing to surround those picks with anything that has tripped them up. 

51 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Patently false. Yakupov has been an underperformer but that's really about it. RNH is fine, he's been thrown to the wolves and kept his head above water, just because he had a poor year with injuries this past season doesn't mean he's not a good player. Eberle has been exactly what he's supposed to be, Klefbom looks to have developed great except for getting a freak infection that kept him out all of the last part of the season, Draisaitl looked great last year, Nurse will be perfectly fine. It's not their picks that have been the problem, it's been failing to surround those picks with anything that has tripped them up. 

That's one part for sure, but being a transplanted Manitoban for 11 years in Sherwood Park and being bombarded with Oiler intel, the Oiler draft picks you cite are not exempt from blame. That's the way team sports work. If they think otherwise and/or you think these players have completely fulfilled their expectations to date and have played no role in the Oilers doldrums of late, I'm glad they're on the Oilers team and not the Jets. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

That's one part for sure, but being a transplanted Manitoban for 11 years in Sherwood Park and being bombarded with Oiler intel, the Oiler draft picks you cite are not exempt from blame. That's the way team sports work. If they think otherwise and/or you think these players have completely fulfilled their expectations to date and have played no role in the Oilers doldrums of late, I'm glad they're on the Oilers team and not the Jets. 

Is this the "Oh they're all one dimensional players!!11!!" argument again? Hall and Eberle have looked great at the world championships with a team around them that can move the puck properly. The Oilers problem is that their defense is brutal breaking the puck out of the defensive zone and maintaining possession in the offensive zone. It supresses everyones numbers offensively and leads to more opportunities for the opposing team to press the attack. Hall, RNH, Eberle, Draisaitl, these guys aren't defensemen and expecting Sekera to be your best defenseman is asking for losses. What more can the forwards do when the D looks like it does? 

57 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Is this the "Oh they're all one dimensional players!!11!!" argument again? Hall and Eberle have looked great at the world championships with a team around them that can move the puck properly. The Oilers problem is that their defense is brutal breaking the puck out of the defensive zone and maintaining possession in the offensive zone. It supresses everyones numbers offensively and leads to more opportunities for the opposing team to press the attack. Hall, RNH, Eberle, Draisaitl, these guys aren't defensemen and expecting Sekera to be your best defenseman is asking for losses. What more can the forwards do when the D looks like it does? 

You're missing the point. no where did I reference one dimensional,  as i said, they share in the blame, that's a fact. If you think otherwise we're watching two different teams as you can't use your goto, 'your not from here' argument.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

You're missing the point. no where did I reference one dimensional,  as i said, they share in the blame, that's a fact. If you think otherwise we're watching two different teams as you can't use your goto, 'your not from here' argument.

*You're

14 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

part of the problem because a bunch of forwards can't get the defense in shape and they can't get contributions from the bottom 6? Hell lots of nights if Hall wasn't going offensively no one on that team was. I don't see how people like to blame the guys like Hall and Eberle and RNH when the guys around them have been for the most part useless. McTavish was an idiot but he was right about one thing, he called a lot of guys on the team out for being at best non factors in a game.