general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

Taynted_Fayth had a good idea.

We need a good LHD and I think a player like Swedish born Jonas Brodin from the Wild is what we are looking for. He turns 23 this July and averaged over 22 minutes a game this season. He is the right age and his career is headed in the right direction. He played well in the post-season. We have enough pointgetters on our D, let's get a defensively savvy LHD to pair up with Buff or Trouba or Myers. He is signed for 4.17m per year for 5 more years and would be expensive to get.

Lemieux, Hutch, Lowry and 22nd overall for Brodin and Minny's 2nd round pick in this year's draft. Is that enough or do we add Burmi or Chiarot?

That's a massive overpayment for Brodin. I like Brodin but no way I'm giving up Lemieux Lowry and 22 for him. That's crazy 

Some talk that the jets have interest in Dmitri Kulikov from Florida 

Edited by Goalie

41 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

What do we need and what can we give up thread :)

I'd like an offensive LHD and someone on RW. Yes Staff scored 20 goals but he did it without getting his jersey dirty.

Most of his goals were rebounds.  I am thinking the Jets will unload him this year in a trade.  I just don't see a role for him going forward.  

I think Brodin is an up and comer but I'd also trade Enstrom or Myers + ? for Deadmonton's 4th overall.

Enstrom plus Dano and 2nd or Myers plus 3rd rounder from next year's draft.

Little won't be our 1C or 2C for all that much longer and it is time we started thinking about his replacement. PLD wold be a good start.

Really, when our young players start really playing well, how old will Little be? Draft someone now....unless they think they have a 2C in Roslovic??? Not sure.

He is signed for two more years....I doubt he signs a three year contract after this one is finished.

IF Dano is a RWer, how many people in front of him?

Laine Wheeler Stafford Armia Ehlers(?)

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Dano started with the Moose.

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

He is signed for two more years....I doubt he signs a three year contract after this one is finished.

IF Dano is a RWer, how many people in front of him?

Laine Wheeler Stafford Armia Ehlers(?)

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Dano started with the Moose.

Laine, Ehlers play LW. Laine shoots right. 3rd and 4th line RW is pretty open.

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Dano is better than armia 

At the end of the season he was but Armia might have been recovering from injuries. Find out whose better in the fall.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Yup. He should resign for sure. Helps that him and more importantly his wife are big fans of winnipeg. Littles wife does a huge amount of work in the community especially with animals 

If they're such great people, why do you want him to quit?