CBS MacGyver Trailer

iso_55

One of the cool things about Macgyver, was that he didn't brag about how he could make stuff out of bubble gum and a paperclip.  This guy acts way too egotistical and constantly talks like he can make whatever he wanted out of anything.  It just felt over the top, which is totally not Macgyver.

9 hours ago, iso_55 said:

What was wrong with George Eads on CSI? He was difficult to work with, fought with co-workers & was suspended a couple of seasons back. Then he refused to appear in the series finale. What were his issues?

Wasnt the issue that the junior members of the cast wanted raises and went on strike together?

29 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Think it's just young MacGyver.

It doesn't come out and say it's his son, but he keeps making reference to his dad and how he taught him to use what's around him.  Now whether that mean's he's the son of Dean's Macgyver or he's just a young Macgyver, I have no idea.  Either way it's garbage.

My biggest beefs with reboots of old series are the changes made to theme of the shows, characters or the actors that are miscast in the roles. The JJ Abrams alternate universe in Star Trek & in the case of Battlestar Galactica, Starbuck wasn't a guy anymore but a woman. Although the actress cast as Starbuck played her like a guy anyway so why bother? Edward James Olmos reprised his role as Lt Martin Castillo from Miami: Vice except he was playing Adama as well on B:G but Adama night as well been back at police hq in Miami as he played both roles exactly the same. Then there were the horrible remakes of Miami Vice & Starsky & Hutch.

Eads wasn't  a problem, it was the guy who played Warrick (names escapes me). That guy was a hardcore druggy and was a complete mess on set during his last season.

Eades left the show because it was a sinking ship after Fishburne left and Danson started.

I also agree that the young McGuyver is completely un likeable and the show won't gain ground with him as the star. They would of been better using Eades as the star.

Also the Lethal Weapon trailer looked good, I'm intrigued and they did a good job casting Riggs. Looks a million times better then the newly cancelled rush hour series did. 

Eads stayed with the show the entire final 2014-15 season but refused to take part in the series finale last September as did Elizabeth Shue which seemed weird. Fishburne wasn't very good during his tenure that's for sure. Actually he was pretty horrible, lol. I actually thought that CSI had found its legs again after Fishburne left (fired?) & Ted Danson & Shue joined the series & Fishburne & Marg Helgenberger left the series. I felt the writing was better & the cast was getting its chemisty back after those 2 joined. I missed Brass played by Paul Guifoyle who retired from the series.

The show that's really screwed up is Law & Order: SVU. Other than Mariska Hargitay (Benson) & Ice T (Finn) there have been more cast members coming & going the last few years it's hard to keep track. Now the actor who replaced Danny Pino is leaving...yet he was never there... or was he? Yet, the show has a large & loyal following. Still with all the changes how much longer can it really last?

Edited by iso_55

3 hours ago, iso_55 said:

The show that's really screwed up is Law & Order: SVU. Other than Mariska Hargitay (Benson) & Ice T (Finn) there have been more cast members coming & going the last few years it's hard to keep track. Now the actor who replaced Danny Pino is leaving...yet he was never there... or was he? Yet, the show has a large & loyal following. Still with all the changes how much longer can it really last?

Hadn't been the same since Stabler left but I a till watch fanatically. Loved Pino on Cold Case and thought he was a good Stabler replacement on SVU. Caressi has been okay. I'm really curious how Criminal Minds replaces Shemar Moore... 

On 5/23/2016 at 0:28 AM, iso_55 said:

Eads stayed with the show the entire final 2014-15 season but refused to take part in the series finale last September as did Elizabeth Shue which seemed weird. Fishburne wasn't very good during his tenure that's for sure. Actually he was pretty horrible, lol. I actually thought that CSI had found its legs again after Fishburne left (fired?) & Ted Danson & Shue joined the series & Fishburne & Marg Helgenberger left the series. I felt the writing was better & the cast was getting its chemisty back after those 2 joined. I missed Brass played by Paul Guifoyle who retired from the series.

The show went downhill the moment Grissom left.   Way to many episodes focused on crimes involving the CSI members rather then what made the show popular which was good episodes which focused on the exaggerated forensics and how the team came to the solution of catching the criminal.

It gets nauseating watching week in and week out where one of the CSI agents is somehow caught in a major crime.

4 hours ago, Logan007 said:

I enjoyed Ted Danson on the show.  But I stopped watching after a certain point.  Loved Grissom the most though.

Danson was good I did like him as the lead,   he also helped CSI Cyber which was really a mixed bag of good and terrible. 

The writers I think is what failed the series... I'm guessing they ran out of ideas and the show probably could of ended 3-4 seasons before it did.