Patrik Laine

Ducky

Yeah that guy would look good as a Jet all right.

EDIT - looks like he was drafted in 2009 by the Islanders in the 2nd round.  If he was never signed does that make him a free agent?  Or is he eligible to be drafted again?  I don't know how these rules work.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Interesting if Myers loves winnipeg. I like hearing that. I have a friend that always hates on winnipeg and how all the pros must  hate it here. Yet usually they come here and tend to like it. Go figure. 

I like Myers a lot so I'd hate to trade him but to get #4?  That would be hard to pass up. But at 4 you're probably picking another quality forward and leaves the jets weak on D. The other issue is Trouba. If he won't sign here then he becomes a possibility for #4

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'd do myers plus forward prospect for 4. I'd probably then look at trading 4 to maybe Arizona for pick 7 and 20 or 7 and 2nd rounder and take Juolevi or Sergachev at 7. Really need some LHD help. 

That's trading Myers for a number 7 and the forward prospect and the 20th pick sort of cancel out. Not a very wise move....If I had the chance to take PLD or Tkachuk, I wouldn't trade it.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Interesting if Myers loves winnipeg. I like hearing that. I have a friend that always hates on winnipeg and how all the pros must  hate it here. Yet usually they come here and tend to like it. Go figure. 

I like Myers a lot so I'd hate to trade him but to get #4?  That would be hard to pass up. But at 4 you're probably picking another quality forward and leaves the jets weak on D. The other issue is Trouba. If he won't sign here then he becomes a possibility for #4

Why are some fans so fixated on trading down & trading players. We went from #6 to #2 & now we should trade down to #4? After Patrick Laine was voted the IIHF World Championship Most Valuable Player. Give your heads a shake all the people packaging fantasy trades out there.

10 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Why are some fans so fixated on trading down & trading players. We went from #6 to #2 & now we should trade down to #4? After Patrick Laine was voted the IIHF World Championship Most Valuable Player. Give your heads a shake all the people packaging fantasy trades out there.

Who is suggesting trading down to 4?  Myers for 4 means jets have 2&4. No trading down. 

25 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

25 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Who is suggesting trading down to 4?  Myers for 4 means jets have 2&4. No trading down. 

Just can't see it. I'm with KBF, there are fans that want him out of Winnipeg. I hope we don't trade Myers. Let's add Laine to the team we have now & all the prospects that are coming on board & watch how things go.

Edited by iso_55

Definitely need D help and a goalie not named pavelec. I feel this year we will be better but until pav is off the team and our LHD doesn't include mark Stuart.... we won't make the playoffs. 

Really do need LHD help. Big time. 

I like myers. I like Trouba. Trouba will sign here. Just a matter of how long his deal is for. Bridge or long term.  Buff Myers Trouba is excessive tho. So it only makes sense to move one of myers or Trouba for LHD help. Or we keep them both. Trouba plays left side. And top 4 thus season is buff trouba myers enstrom. But Toby ain't getting younger or better so gotta replace him sooner rather than later also. D is an issue. 

Morrissey poolman might help but not sure either are top pair guys. 

Edited by Goalie

With 7 goals (tied for tournament lead) & 12 points, Patrik Laine of FIN named #IIHFWorlds MVP. He's 18. #TSNHockey

This is quite the feather in the young man's cap, and he deserves it...BUT!....

did you see how well a certain centre played in this tournament? He was a force. Of course I'm talking about Mark Schelfele. A great showing. And he's ours.

33 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It's a discussion thread. Whats wrong with talking about potential trades? Isn't this kind of the point of a discussion forum like this? 

Well, we could go to the football forum & discuss why we should trade Drew Willy to the Als for Kevin Glenn. That would be considered a discussion. ;)

Edited by iso_55

10 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

This is quite the feather in the young man's cap, and he deserves it...BUT!....

did you see how well a certain centre played in this tournament? He was a force. Of course I'm talking about Mark Schelfele. A great showing. And he's ours.

I read this morning Scheifs was 4th in the tourney in faceoff %. Hopefully that translates to the NHL this fall.

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Definitely need D help and a goalie not named pavelec. I feel this year we will be better but until pav is off the team and our LHD doesn't include mark Stuart.... we won't make the playoffs. 

Really do need LHD help. Big time. 

I like myers. I like Trouba. Trouba will sign here. Just a matter of how long his deal is for. Bridge or long term.  Buff Myers Trouba is excessive tho. So it only makes sense to move one of myers or Trouba for LHD help. Or we keep them both. Trouba plays left side. And top 4 thus season is buff trouba myers enstrom. But Toby ain't getting younger or better so gotta replace him sooner rather than later also. D is an issue. 

Morrissey poolman might help but not sure either are top pair guys. 

We have lots of cap room. Not excessive at all imo. I think it's more of a test of how willing Ownership is willing to spend to the cap.

Chevy always has an eye to the future and rightfully so.

Burmi Dano Copp and Chiarot are RFAs in the 2017-2018 season and here are some RFAs for the 2018-2019 season...

Ehlers Lemieux Morrissey Petan De Leo Kostalek Comrie...

with UFAs that season being Little Stuart and Enstrom...

Some hefty raises will be on the menu for some of these players.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

Lol at all these ridiculous fantasy trades.  You guys have way to much free time and way to much wishful thinking.

I've traded Brandon for some magic beans.

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Off seasons are long in sports. Thankfully the bombers start up soon. 

The Bombers season starts and ends soon.

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

Lol at all these ridiculous fantasy trades.  You guys have way to much free time and way to much wishful thinking.

Yeah.  Stupid hockey fans talking hockey on a hockey fan forum.

I love when someone takes the time to try and sound wiser than others while accusing them of wasting their time.  If you don't want to engage in trade discussions, don't bother.