Patrik Laine

Ducky

Not a chance. Arizona is picking at 7. Leafs won't trade down with them. Not a chance. Arizona would have to gut their team to the 1st overall pick away from Toronto.

There is a much realer chance of Toronto taking Laine 1st overall than there is of them trading that pick to Arizona. 

It's basically Matthews or Laine 1st overall to Toronto. 

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Not a chance. Arizona is picking at 7. Leafs won't trade down with them. Not a chance. Arizona would have to gut their team to the 1st overall pick away from Toronto.

There is a much realer chance of Toronto taking Laine 1st overall than there is of them trading that pick to Arizona. 

It's basically Matthews or Laine 1st overall to Toronto. 

My Finnish buddy says the consensus in Finland is that Matthews goes first as Toronto needs a center more than a winger.  Which is why Laine just fell into our laps.  There will be folk tales sung around camp fires for centuries talking about how Winnipeg somehow moved up to second overall in the 2016 draft.   Just unbelievable.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why would they sacrifice 3 great players just to get one?   No way that deal happens...

That's too rich.  I did talk to a Coyote fan who was all about wanting Matthews purely due to him being an Arizona boy.  But I think Arizona might be better served taking a run at the other Arizona kid in the draft, Tkachuk.

OEL is UFA in 2 or 3 years. Matthews is RFA for a long time. Arizona owner already said OEL is off the table therefore there is no deal to be made.

Arizona is a good young team. They aren't going to gut it because the local boy who nobody cares about in Arizona is irrelevant to them. Domi is a huge merchandise mover for them. He was born in WPG. Irrelevant where ppl are born... people want a winner. Trading for Matthews guts that team of their young players and turns them in to huge losers which means fans don't show up. Good young team who need some D prospects. Should get one at 7. 

This idea that Toronto WPG or CBJ would move out of the top 3 is ridiculous. The only teams who could trade for 1st is wpg and cbj but they won't cuz there's 3 very good players in this draft and all 3 of those teams are guaranteed one. 

Edited by Goalie

anyone know why Kyle Connor hasn't been playing for the US?  Is he hurt?  I noticed Burmi wasn't in the line-up today for the Russkies.  Man Canada losing 3-2 to the US right now, this would be a huge upset.  I don't think either Canada or the US can beat Finland, they are on fire.

Myers and the 22nd overall for Deadmonton's 4th and draft PLD.

ESW

Connor PLD Laine

as the starting two lines in a couple of years is pretty sweet.

Perreault Little Armia

Lemieux Copp Dano

as the bottom 6 isn't too bad either.

Through various NHL connections that exist in Kelowna I've heard it on extremely good authority that Edmonton is shopping number 4 for a proven D man, and Myers fits the bill, though unlike you I'd really hate to see him go, as I think he can be a dominant D man with that huge reach, and via similar sources I hear that Myers really likes it in Winnipeg and wants it to be his home for the rest of his career.  If they want Myers that's great, but make them pay.  I don't see why we'd have to give them our 22nd as well as Myers for number 4.  Maybe throw in Thorbs or Burmi.  We've got lots of bottom six guys that are going to be obsolete with the arrival of Connor and Laine and Lemieux.  I'd also consider taking Tkachuk with the 4th overall, but that's just because I am biased due to his last name.  I also haven't seen PLD play and know basically nothing about him.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'd do myers plus forward prospect for 4. I'd probably then look at trading 4 to maybe Arizona for pick 7 and 20 or 7 and 2nd rounder and take Juolevi or Sergachev at 7. Really need some LHD help. 

Whazzazzuhhuh??