Your starting 2017 lineup vs. Maurice's starting 2017 lineup

Name 13 forwards and 8 D men with two goalies...yours and who you think Maurice will start

Scheif Wheeler Connor Laine Little Perreault Little Ehlers Armia Dano Lowry Copp Lemieux (hard not to put Petan in there)

Trouba Buff Enstrom Morrissey Hamonic/Myers Chiarot Postma Melchiori

Helle Comrie

Maurice's...

Scheif Wheeler Connor Laine Little Perreault Ehlers Armia Staf Thorbs Lowry Copp Dano

Trouba Buff Enstrom Myers Chiarot Morrissey Stuart Postma

Pavs Helle

I get it, you like making up lines and don't think Maurice makes the right personnel decisions...  actually, I think I got it the first fifty times you posted it.

Jets are not re-signing Thorbs, Pavelec, Postma, Stafford, Burmi (unless he improves)... maybe not even Perrault or Chiarot...

I also like how you would trade for Hamonic but Maurice wouldn't ha...

15 hours ago, Ducky said:

Name 13 forwards and 8 D men with two goalies...yours and who you think Maurice will start

Scheif Wheeler Connor Laine Little Perreault Little Ehlers Armia Dano Lowry Copp Lemieux (hard not to put Petan in there)

Trouba Buff Enstrom Morrissey Hamonic/Myers Chiarot Postma Melchiori

Helle Comrie

Maurice's...

Scheif Wheeler Connor Laine Little Perreault Ehlers Armia Staf Thorbs Lowry Copp Dano

Trouba Buff Enstrom Myers Chiarot Morrissey Stuart Postma

Pavs Helle

You listed Little twice...or is that an adjective for Perrault?

If Maurice has favorites and they make the team over better players .. bottom line... Maurice SHOULD be Fired immediately. The reality tho is he doesn't play Favorites. Cuz if he did he wouldn't have a job coaching. 

Ppl honestly believe he favors players? Tin foil hats much? 

Just cuz thorburn plays 4th line and a guy like Petan is in the A doesn't mean much. It just means they (Chevy Maurice Chipman even) feel it's a waste to play petan 4th line minutes when he could be getting 15 20 a night with the Moose. 

This idea he favors players? Cmon. Name 1 example.  Stu? Nope. He cut his minutes. Pav? Nope. Hutch got a chance to run with the ball last year but ultimately fumbled it away. Thor? Nope. He's a 4th line guy. His ceiling has been reached. He is what he is. He knows his role. His role is 6 7 8 minutes a Night most nights.  Why waste a petan for 6 minutes a Night when he's a rookie and could develop more with the moose. 

Name a guy he favors? BURMI? lol. Why? Example please? 

Plus Chevy is the gm and he's the guy making trades and I'll guarantee that if Chevy says jump Maurice says how high. 

Edited by Goalie

I think Jets management has been careful not to admit to "rebuilding".  They say "draft and develop" though.  and in recent interviews Maurice has been pretty open about saying there is a plan here and its to grow together, all secret code for "building" (not really re-building).  And that means letting young players make mistakes and learn then signing aging vets that might get you a couple more goals and a couple more wins.  The plan is to win less now and a lot more later then a little bit more now and who knows what later.

Laine or Puljujarvi could play in the A if need be, So could Connor.. Will they? who knows, that depends on what they do at training camp i'd guess but if it looks like they might need some time to adapt to the North American style of game (more so Laine here, who needs to work on his skating), Starting him in the A is a legit option, Connor too, they could start in the A, it doesn't mean they will stay there all year but they could start in the A. It's an option. Is it a likely option? Probably not but you never know... I mean, maybe it's just me but I've seen Connor play more than I have seen Laine play and Connor, while he looks ready offensively, his D game needs some work, Laine? He looks good in the games (maybe 4) I've seen and I do think he is one of the 3 NHL ready prospects in this draft but... if he's not ready and he needs some time to get used to the smaller ice surface, then why not start him with the Moose... 

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

For all the hate on Stu he's the first dman on the ice when the Jets are down 1.

That's not true at all. You are misremembering things and I'd put that more on Huddy than Maurice. 

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

For all the hate on Stu he's the first dman on the ice when the Jets are scored on.

fixed it for you......he does not belong in the league....he is a good 8th D man but way overpaid....I've been saying this all year....it is very apparent and I really don't care how good he is in the room....move him to mentor the Moose and maybe one day coach them.

On 08/05/2016 at 0:47 PM, Floyd said:

I get it, you like making up lines and don't think Maurice makes the right personnel decisions...  actually, I think I got it the first fifty times you posted it.

Jets are not re-signing Thorbs, Pavelec, Postma, Stafford, Burmi (unless he improves)... maybe not even Perrault or Chiarot...

I also like how you would trade for Hamonic but Maurice wouldn't ha...

Fans always know more than coaches/management... obviously :D