2016 Lines

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Dreger reports they are open to it. 

Jets are open to trading #2 overall for Hamonic and Tavares...

Just saying the asking price will be high - I think only Montreal would be willing though

Edmonton will definitely trade 4. Toronto Jets and CBJ aren't trading their picks tho.  No chance. Edmonton will guaranteed. Oilers don't need another young player. 

They will trade it to a team who offers them the best RHD they can get. 

Edited by Goalie

34 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Edmonton will definitely trade 4. Toronto Jets and CBJ aren't trading their picks tho.  No chance. Edmonton will guaranteed. Oilers don't need another young player. 

They will trade it to a team who offers them the best RHD they can get. 

Teams always need more young players...

Pick Dubois - develop him, Trade RNH or Eberle for a RHD...  their contracts are decent, great talent...

52 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Teams always need more young players...

Pick Dubois - develop him, Trade RNH or Eberle for a RHD...  their contracts are decent, great talent...

RNH and Eberle make 6 million a year. The 4th overall is cost controlled and exempt to an expansion draft.  They will trade it. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I wonder if there could be a three way deal to be made with Edmonton, Winnipeg, Islanders.

yeah that might work.  Not sure how though, as both Edmonton and NYI will want a D man in return.  That's why Chevy makes the big money.

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'd rather just trade with Edmonton for pick 4. We don't need Hamonic unless both myers and enstrom are moved. 

What's fair value for the 4th pick overall?  What would Chevy be ready to part with?  Why would we want the 4th overall?  To get Chychrun?  Tkachuk?  PLD?

Chia is REALLY motivated to sell, but he's not going to take scraps for it, either. He's a big believer that after #3, it's a pretty steep drop-off in talent, so he'd prefer to trade for a #1 D, if he can...

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Myers plus Dano/Armia/Burmi type of thing would be fair probably for 4. 

Armia yes, Dano maybe, Burmi no...... + Myers would work, if I'm the Oilers....

Chychrun gonna drop to 12 13 14 probably. Juolevi and Sergachev will go before he does. He's not ready. Nobody after the top 3 picks are. Guys picked after the top 3 are at least 2 3 years away from being nhl ready. Massive drop after the top 3 in terms of being nhl ready. 

Edited by Goalie

2015 draft considered very strong. 

McDavid Eichel Hanifin are the only guys in the top 10 who played in the nhl the entire year.Rantanen played like 3 games with Colorado and got sent to the ahl cuz he was eligible. 

This year... the top 3 are nhl ready... the rest aren't close 

Provorov and Werenski are way better than Chychrun Sergachev Juolevi and even they didn't play a nhl game this past season. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

but why would it be fair?  Who would we be getting that would be so much better than Myers plus Dano (two first round picks BTW).

Well. We have forward depth. We have no LHD depth so I'd suspect we'd pick Juolevi or Sergachev or maybe Chychrun. The plus is all 3 are expansion exempt. We also have buff trouba on the right side. Not much after Morrissey on the left. We would then only have to protect the minimum 3 D in the possible expansion draft instead of all 4 of buff trouba myers enstrom. No move clauses and such force us to do that 

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Well. We have forward depth. We have no LHD depth so I'd suspect we'd pick Juolevi or Sergachev or maybe Chychrun. The plus is all 3 are expansion exempt. We also have buff trouba on the right side. Not much after Morrissey on the left. We would then only have to protect the minimum 3 D in the possible expansion draft instead of all 4 of buff trouba myers enstrom. No move clauses and such force us to do that 

Protect them from what?  Do you honestly think that one team (Vegas) is going to grab any of our guys?  Really?  I'd hate to trade people just out of fear of losing them potentially in an expansion draft. Anyway, I think Myers plus Dano for an unproven D man, just because he shoots left, is just plain dumb.  I would totally lose respect for Chevy if he did that.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Anyway, I think Myers plus Dano for an unproven D man, just because he shoots left, is just plain dumb.

I certainly agree with that, but we very likely (the expansion draft rules haven't been released yet) will lose a player, as the likely format is one player will be taken from each of the 30 teams.  That said, trading away proven talent doesn't make tons of sense.  If I see a prowler by the back window, I don't set my house on fire just to make sure he doesn't get anything of value.