Final Draft Rankings

Noeller

Draft Class Rankings: #1 Winnipeg Blue Bombers

*All Value Grades are given based on a combined consideration of player talent, selection place and potential. Therefore a player with B grade talent may be an A+ pick in Round 6, etc.

1. Winnipeg Blue Bombers: A
9 Trent Corney DL Virginia A+
10 Michael Couture OL SFU A
19 Taylor Loffler S UBC A+
28 Shayne Gauthier LB Laval B
37 Zachary Insztandt OL McMaster B+
46 Rupert Butcher DL Western A
55 Alex Vitt SB Manitoba B+
63 Frank Renaud-Berroa LB Windsor B-

Kyle Walters has had an offseason to remember and the draft was no exception. Trent Corney had the highest SPARQ score of any NFL draft D-line prospect and gave Top 10 NFL pick Ronnie Stanley fits in his game vs Notre Dame, now he can back up Jamaal Westerman and rip up special teams till his time to shine comes. Michael Couture is a great lineman who may have an immediate impact on the team’s offensive line. Winnipeg stole a starting safety in Taylor Loffler at #19 and now have a great deal of ratio flexibility. Shayne Gauthier is a good linebacker who can play lots on the teams and Zachary Instzandt provides O-line depth but has the potential to develop into a very good player. Rupert Butcher dominated at the Combine and he is a steal at #46 who can challenge to sit behind Keith Shologan on the depth chart. Alex Vitt and Frank Renaud-Berroa can both be excellent special team’s contributors. In my mind, Winnipeg added four future starters in this draft and won this draft hands down.

https://canadianfootballblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/draft-class-rankings-1-winnipeg-blue-bombers/

19 minutes ago, bearpants said:

do you know who that author of this blog is?

I thought it was Darren Cameron when I first read it because it was so positive for us. ;)

I poked around the blog and saw the guy is from somewhere in BC (no name was given though) so it sounds like a legit outsiders perspective rather than someone who drinks Blue Kool-Aid.  

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I thought it was Darren Cameron when I first read it because it was so positive for us. ;)

I poked around the blog and saw the guy is from somewhere in BC (no name was given though) so it sounds like a legit outsiders perspective rather than someone who drinks Blue Kool-Aid.  

yeah that's what I really wanted to know... thanks

On 5/11/2016 at 0:44 PM, Jpan85 said:

Can you imagine Westerman and Corney in spots this year coming off opposite edges together. They are going to need some sort of nickname.

Definitely an amazing feat, but can he play football?