2016 Playoffs

Ducky

The Playoffs really are about what team gets the better goaltending, that's why the Jets lost in 4 last year, Pavelec was terrible.... It really does come down to what goalie gets hot and can take his  team on a run. Right now, Holtby and Jones are 2 guys who look pretty damn good. 

Jets probably don't win a playoff game or even make it until Pavelec is off the team. 

Edited by Goalie

On April 18, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Goalie said:

His save perventage was under 900 and his GAA was close to 4.00 He was terrible 

That isn't great, but goaltending isn't as important as it used to be. Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Detroit all won Stanley Cups with average goaltending. 

The days where guys like Hasek and Brodeur can carry a trap playing team on their shoulders are long past. 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

The Playoffs really are about what team gets the better goaltending, that's why the Jets lost in 4 last year, Pavelec was terrible.... It really does come down to what goalie gets hot and can take his  team on a run. Right now, Holtby and Jones are 2 guys who look pretty damn good. 

Jets probably don't win a playoff game or even make it until Pavelec is off the team. 

How can you say that? It wasn't Pavlec's fault we got swept by the Ducks last year. You really hate Pavlec, don't you?

On 15/04/2016 at 2:06 PM, Goalie said:

Unlikely that 2 of WASH Dallas Florida or Pitt lose in round 1, having them all lose in round 1 would really improve that Chicago pick... Florida could lose.. the other 3 seem pretty unlikely to lose tho. I think NYI takes out Florida for sure

Wow... you really turned on Florida quickly... ^_^

I wasn't an Islander fan going into my pool but now I am!  If they take out Florida that will screw a lot of people in my pool, and I'm cool with that.  I honestly thought that Florida was going to stick it to em but then I saw that Florida and NYI are only separated by a few points in the standings. 

I really hope Anaheim turns it up a notch.  My Getzlaff pick is looking pretty brutal right now. 

8 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I wasn't an Islander fan going into my pool but now I am!  If they take out Florida that will screw a lot of people in my pool, and I'm cool with that.  I honestly thought that Florida was going to stick it to em but then I saw that Florida and NYI are only separated by a few points in the standings. 

I really hope Anaheim turns it up a notch.  My Getzlaff pick is looking pretty brutal right now. 

I find that my favourites definitely change based on my pool.  Otherwise I likely wouldnt care much about the playoffs without the Jets.  Although I do love the Pens.

Florida losing hurts a couple guys in my pool too.  Nashville winning helps me a lot.  Unfortunately one guy took a ton of Tampa and San Jose players so Im hoping for an LA comeback as that guy is cleaning up right now.  Im mostly Pens & Preds.

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Think the nhl will have the guts to discipline Shaw for his homophobic remark?  Nah me neither. 

They are apparently "investigating" the situation... I was looking at a gif to hear what he said (apparently it's audible) but the sound wasn't working, needless to say it wasn't hard to read his lips.... most of the words started with F...