Royal Blue uniforms are officially back!!

bb.king

To be fair, most of the day-to-day gear (polos, t-shirts, hats) are kind of ugly by design standards. So the baby-blue sheer polo looking bad doesn't surprise me at all! Heh.

Thank God the new jerseys will likely look awesome! And a few of the new-coloured merch is actually pretty decent, especially the classic logo-with-gold-stripe ballcap. But I just wish "sports" clothing designs in 2016 used classic but modern design themes overall. Authentic merch from the 80s still looks pretty awesome today, for the most part. (MLB and the NBA have a bit better track record with this over the last few years.)

So the question I'm faced with is whether to buy one of the current royal blues now while they're 50% off or let the opportunity pass and buy a new jersey that might be only slightly different for twice as much $$$ at some point in the future?

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

So the question I'm faced with is whether to buy one of the current royal blues now while they're 50% off or let the opportunity pass and buy a new jersey that might be only slightly different for twice as much $$$ at some point in the future?

You know you want to buy both. Go for it!

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

Just wear your 80's Bombers jersey from the 1980's.  If anyone bugs you that it's tight or too small, just tell them the athletic cut is in right now.

37 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

My road #2 Tom Clements from 86 is more like a tee shirt than a jersey now.

Hmm.  This might be getting into halter top territory This might not be safe for my marriage, what with getting mobbed by so many ladies...

Edited by mbrg

17 hours ago, ALuCsRED said:

Just wear your 80's Bombers jersey from the 1980's.  If anyone bugs you that it's tight or too small, just tell them the athletic cut is in right now.

This is totally what I do. Except I say the numerous washings must have shrunk it, never mind that the numbers are not bunched.

Everytime I see Tom Clements on the Packers sideline talking to Aaron Rodgers I just wish he was here & think about the good old days when he was our quarterback. That #2 jersey may be too small to wear but I appreciate it seeing it hanging in my closet.

zeroth_down_the_winnipeg_blue_bombers_qb

Edited by iso_55

Rumour over at the Rider site is that the Riders jersey will have the all green "mono chromatic" look that the NFL was sporting for a few games last year. I guess that's where the royal blue pants for the Bombers discussion was coming from as well. I don't like that look and I don't think the majority of fans will either. I would think if that is the way Adidas goes, it won't be too long before they go to the gold pants eventually ...

Edited by IC Khari

Few details based on the teaser yesterday:

Numbers are white with gold trim

Neckline is blue (as opposed to white with the royal blues last year)

"Blue Bombers" wordmark is in gold above the front numbers