Royal Blue uniforms are officially back!!

bb.king

59 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Since it was the Bombers official Twitter account I think it's pretty safe to say it was intentional.

That blue looks good but that gold....it's like sponge coloured. Less gold too please. We are the Blue Bombers not Blue & Gold Bombers.

Oh and a real logo not some letter like half the teams in the league have.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

6 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Since it was the Bombers official Twitter account I think it's pretty safe to say it was intentional.

It may have been.  But when I clicked on the link, it went to the page with the previously linked image.

Weird.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/2016/04/15/bombers-new-royal-blue-jerseys-will-be-retro-but-sharp.html

A source who has witnessed mock-ups of the Blue Bombers' new duds tells Metro Winnipeg the 2016 design will be more modern than the classic "retro 1980's-style" uniforms the club has donned on special occasions the last few seasons.

While the football club will not speak to any design details, or even a potential main colour for their road uniforms, the source says the Blue Bombers will return to white road jerseys and described them as looking “extremely sharp.”

The Bombers logo will remain the strongly branded standalone 'W' and will stay away from lightning bolts or a retro 'W' hiding behind a yellow cartoon football. The helmet will remain classic gold, said the source.

Really like both sneak peaks so far. If these colors are true, I am thrilled. Blue looks great and white and gold looks very retro which I love.

Oh, and Frosty...get a "real logo and not some letter". Lol, those are fighting words with me. Altough the Bombers have been very bad of late, there is a lot of history behind this team. Very good history. The "W" is very clean and holds that history unlike the lightening bolt/football "W" that was sure to date.

There is a reason why the Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadians etc don't mess with their simple, clean, logos.

People will be happy with the uniforms - trust me.

I'd expect the numbers to have gold trim this time instead of just being plain white (or blue, on the road uniform) and other than that, they'll stay mostly the same although the road uniform is decked out a bit to give it a bit of a more modernized look.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/2016/04/15/bombers-new-royal-blue-jerseys-will-be-retro-but-sharp.html

A source who has witnessed mock-ups of the Blue Bombers' new duds tells Metro Winnipeg the 2016 design will be more modern than the classic "retro 1980's-style" uniforms the club has donned on special occasions the last few seasons.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

People will be happy with the uniforms - trust me.

I'd expect the numbers to have gold trim this time instead of just being plain white (or blue, on the road uniform) and other than that, they'll stay mostly the same although the road uniform is decked out a bit to give it a bit of a more modernized look.

I think we found the source ;)