Expansion Draft

Ducky

Until they actually come out and say what the rules are in regards to this possible expansion draft....

All i know, 1 goalie can be protected, that's a guarantee, that would be Helle... since he would be eligible to be "picked".

Plus the latest rumor is 8 other skaters.. Ehlers,Connor,Morrissey,Petan,De Leo,Comrie etc would be exempt, couldn't be taken cuz their 3rd year wouldn't start until July 1st 2017

and the draft would be held in June 2017 before the NHL draft. 

That's really all anybody knows right now and even some of that could change. 

Helle, Buff,Trouba,Scheif,Wheeler and basically insert 4 more here... who knows who even. 

But those are 5 guys that would be guaranteed to be protected... 

Armia? I like him but he hasn't shown enough just yet to be considered a lock to be protected, Burmi? he's an RFA, why would you protect him, Stafford? UFA, why protect him, Perreault? UFA, why protect him unless he signs a new deal b4 hand... Little? who knows really, if we get Matthews perhaps they let Little go, hard to say, Lowry? seems like they like him so he'd probably be a candidate to be protected, Copp? Who knows, they like him also.. Dano? who knows... thorburn? doubtful, stuart? doubtful, chiarot is also a ufa or RFA after next season...

When you actually look at it, realistically, the Jets might lose a bottom 2 d man (stu,postma,chiarot) or a bottom 6 forward (burmi,thorburn being most likely) 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah either or right... Chevy doesn't even know for sure so how can any of us. None of this is even certain, Heck, Expansion isn't even certain just yet. 

This is what is being reported as the current proposal, it isn't just Chevy.  Basically if you want to protect more then 3 d-men, the price for that is less players you can protect overall.

Personally I like the 1 3 7 option way more and If i had to bet, I'd bet on that being the one. 

Some teams will be screwed there, Nashville,Calgary in terms of D men... they are gonna lose a really  good D men

If I'm the Jets tho, Buff,Trouba,Myers(Hamonic) are my 3 D men that I protect. 

I would imagine players with NMC are exempt IE aren't involved in the process at all, I could also see them trading Enstrom this Summer, I don't think it's as far fetched as some think it is. He's on the downside of his career, Send him to the East where he doesn't need to play guys that are 10 x the size he is. 

I honestly don't think Vegas would pay Enstrom what he is making when he becomes an UFA after one year of service. I see them taking Stu first because he will only cost 1.75m and the caphit is 2.625m and helps them hit the floor. It is 52.8m this year.

I guess if I were Vegas and paying a half a billion dollars for a franchise, I'd want a half decent team too.

They'll have a bunch of bottom end 2nd pairing D men and 2nd-3rd liners.

Would Buffalo expose Kane to Vegas?? They might depending on what happens with him next year, Kane i don't think is a guy that is long for Buffalo.. especially with guys like O'reilly signed Long Term big money, Ristolainen gonna get huge money, Eichel will get big Money, Reinhart also... Bogo makes a nice chunk of change also...

Could Buffalo possibly expose Kane in the expansion draft, if there was one, this hypothetical LAS VEGAS gets a team and Kane is left unprotected by Buffalo Scenario that isn't really anything more then huge speculation at this time by our CDN hockey media. 

It's possible. 

Edited by Goalie