Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rich

Wrestling

Fun show tonight at the Sherb with Ethan Page and PCO. It's a new group, Winnipeg Pro Wrestling, that a couple of my buddies are involved in. Interested to see how they navigate a fairly crowded market but they seem to be targeting a certain niche. There's a ton of wrestling fans in the underground music scene here (which is fairly large) and these guys seem to be kinda marketing towards that group. In the end it could be beneficial to the other promotions, I suppose. There's a small handful of us that check out PCW and CWE shows, hopefully tonights card creates a few more wrestling regulars from our group of rock'n'roll regulars. I'd love it if this kinda started a local Rock'n'Wrestling era 😛

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't know...  the stories I read was of him being crazy and used to beat the crap out of his ex wife and threaten her with a gun to her head saying he'd kill her on more then one occasion.     The accusations of him raping women and beating them up...    breaking his nieces knees to collect insurance money.    Guy sounded like a terrible human.

Chris Benoit was a fantastic wrestler...  but it's not like they can put him in the HOF and have everyone ignore his dark crime.

You think he was the only wrestler who treated people badly? Lots of famous wrestlers were bad people. There were bullies, murderers, drug addicts, thugs, criminals & wife beaters. You just don't know about it.  Most people seem to be focusing on Dynamite Kid the wrestler. 

I guess it’s true unfortunately. 

I vaguely remember an angle in AWA (I think) where the Freebirds were feuding with someone...and the someone's teased a special weapon to combat Terry Gordy and it was Larry Hennig and the Freebirds went ballistic!  Great angle.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You think he was the only wrestler who treated people badly? Lots of famous wrestlers were bad people. There were bullies, murderers, drug addicts, thugs, criminals & wife beaters. You just don't know about it.  Most people seem to be focusing on Dynamite Kid the wrestler. 

You don't say?   What next you will tell me that Jimmy Snuka was not a great human either? 

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I guess it’s true unfortunately. 

I vaguely remember an angle in AWA (I think) where the Freebirds were feuding with someone...and the someone's teased a special weapon to combat Terry Gordy and it was Larry Hennig and the Freebirds went ballistic!  Great angle.

I remember Roger Kent doing the pbp for the AWA & he used to always say about Hennig that he was "big enough to go bear hunting with a switch".

Edited by SpeedFlex27

58 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Good to know.  I was fairly surprised when someone posted this on my FB page.

Sorry that was a little tongue in cheek.  I would say, I dont know anything.  And if I did know everything, an NDA would probably prevent me from discussing it 😉