Wrestling

Rich

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Thats what you get from that? 

The actual point... Pretty much see @Atomic posts. You and TUP want to push our western beliefs on these guys... Thats not how it works. Pushing beliefs on other countries is why the US gets bombed at times. 

Women are great.. Awesome... Should be equal... The oil tycoons disagree. They also won't allow balor to wear his balor is for everyone pride shirt... This also isn't WWEs first trip to Saudi Arabia either btw. 

10 years... Lots can happen.. Maybe in 10 years.. Things change.. Maybe they dont but 5 or so years ago women weren't allowed to wrestle in Dubai either.. They just did and the crowd was chanting.. "This is hope". Perhaps in 5 years or so.. They will be chanting that in Saudi Arabia also. 

Would i personally go there? Nope. For 100 to 200 million tho? As a business owner Id be stupid not to go. 

So now you agree. Walking back your remarks. That’s fine. I’m glad we agree. 

I said the same damn thing from point one. That business is business but wwe got backlash for it. That was it. That was the news I posted. 

Now that we all agree, what’s going to happy tomorrow?  Roman finally wins?

who goes over in the rumble? Bryan...Braun or outside pick is Lashley 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Winners:

Roman Reigns
AJ Styles
Triple H
The Undertaker
The Miz
Jinder Mahal
Rumble: Baron Corbin
The Bludgeon Brothers
Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt
Kalisto

Please not Corbin.

I would think they'd want to put a baby face over in the Rumble for the big crowd.  I think they might have Roman win the belt and Braun win the Rumble and then Braun beats Brock in a singles match in Brock's swan song for awhile.

Also, there be an intermission for prayer service (shouldn't be obvious on TV other than 15+ minutes of video packages and interviews.

Well....if the plan is to get Roman over by losing he should be over soon! 

Botched finish. Roman boo’ed in Saudi 

have to think they’ve changed their minds on Roman now.  Braun will beat Brock.  Brock clearly preparing to re-enter USADA. 

Rumble winner gets a Saudi Championship belt. Lol 

17 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So now you agree. Walking back your remarks. That’s fine. I’m glad we agree. 

I said the same damn thing from point one. That business is business but wwe got backlash for it. That was it. That was the news I posted. 

Now that we all agree, what’s going to happy tomorrow?  Roman finally wins?

who goes over in the rumble? Bryan...Braun or outside pick is Lashley 

My remarks were taken out of context. The fact Brandon went there is ridiculous. 

Bryan is my guess.  

Edited by Goalie

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

My remarks were taken out of context. The fact Brandon went there is ridiculous. 

Bryan is my guess.  

I don’t think you really meant you agree with or support Saudi ideals. But you did say they aren’t wrong (or doesn’t mean they are wrong). Treating women like second class citizens is always wrong regardless of religion or culture.  I think we can agree with that. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Saudi has some smarks in the audience. Ive recorded it and will watch later but sounds like a smart crowd. 

The single men who are sitting far away are making a lot of noise and some of the family seating.  Lots of hand sitting among the Saudi prince hook ups though.  In fact a lot of silence in places. 

Theyre reacting to stars. Hunter.  Cena got a big reaction. Taker. Bryan. Brock. Roman.   Not so a smark crowd as a traditional Mark crowd.  Not a “bizarro world” crowd as wwe likes to call their smark locations. 

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I didn't go anywhere,  merely pasted a quote that you made.   

My original post with The Millon Dollar Man was to show that peoples are so easy to sell their values\ethics  for the all mighty dollar.     Money talks. 

wwe-million-dollar-team-wwe-alumni-power

It sure does. As much money as it is, it’s nothing to Vince. And as a house show they air, fine. But this ass of saudi is gross. WWE are shilling for them

They aired a promo video talking about how great it is there, how great their prince is, how progressive they are. A female minister begins crying because of how happy she is...that women can drive and sit with men in a theatre. 

Cole says it’s a progressive city. Please. 

Cena saying how honoured he is. 

Good thing the KKK doesn’t buy a WWE show. 

I think it’s not so much Stars they are reacting to. It’s people from tv. Even hornswoggle for a good reaction. Miz. Goldust. 

This rumble is....something lol

And bunch of VIPs wandering around on hard cam or looking disinterested. Should have sold those tickets to fans 

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, Goalie said:

Meh. I dont see much backlash. I see a few ppl on twitter going on but they go on about everything.. While i think its brutal that women cant wrestle there... Its a different country a different culture.. For far 2 long.. North Americans have been pretending we know it all and our way of life is the only way. Well, hate to say it.. But... We are wrong. 

Im not saying Saudi Arabia is right.. Im just saying that just because they are different and have different rules... Doesn't mean they are wrong either.

Who am i to tell others how to live their lives? Especially in a country Ive never been 2.. Closest I've been? Last summer me and my girl.. We went to Dubai..

Fun place... Crazy adult water park and yeah its different but... It is what it is.. Its strange seeing things you dont normally or ever see in North America and yeah... Its odd but it is what it is. WWE is entertainment tho... Not sure why ppl want to hold them to a higher standard than the US government or Hollywood who has filmed movies there. 

You say it's okay not allowing women to wrestle & they may not be wrong???? Basic human rights & suffering be damned for the almighty dollar. Gotta answer to the shareholders. Now there's corporate & business ethics for you.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You say it's okay not allowing women to wrestle & they may not be wrong???? Basic human rights & suffering be damned for the almighty dollar. Gotta answer to the shareholders. Now there's corporate & business ethics for you.

Lol. You cant push your beliefs on other countries. They need to do it themselves. You got twitter? Go talk to ppl who live there.. The first concert there was in 2016. It doesnt happen overnight but Change is happening there. Its just happening at their pace. Yes women should be allowed to wrestle and do other things there. Its coming. Give it a few years. 

You are over reacting big time. Imagine you lived there.. Grew up there. How would you like ppl telling you what you are trying to push? 

Edited by Goalie

34 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lol. You cant push your beliefs on other countries. They need to do it themselves. You got twitter? Go talk to ppl who live there.. The first concert there was in 2016. It doesnt happen overnight but Change is happening there. Its just happening at their pace. Yes women should be allowed to wrestle and do other things there. Its coming. Give it a few years. 

You are over reacting big time. Imagine you lived there.. Grew up there. How would you like ppl telling you what you are trying to push? 

I think most people there would be happy to have more freedom. And to your point, they are happy to have events like this. 

The kids in the audience looked to be having the time of their lives. 

I agree with most of your position on this. It takes time. Not going at all isn’t the answer. Etc. 

But it’s also true that WWE took a big fat cheque to openly propagandize on behalf of the regime.  But if we disagree enough we can choose not to watch (I watched it)

Both perspectives are true. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

When it comes to Human Rights abuses no one should turn a blind eye & say it's okay because that's their way of life. I'm also saying the WWE should have stayed away. How many little kids, girls & women are wrestling fans? I guess they don't mean much to Vince & the Board.  People are dying in prisons in Saudi Arabia everyday. Women's rights are being trampled. Girls can't go to school. But that's okay with you??? I was at work. Didn't see it. Will not watch any replays. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I don't think the WWE should be "crapped" on for selling out.    Tonnes of big time celebrities /  singers  sell out to dictators and very bad people in the past and nobody crapped on them for taking an easy pay cheque.    

I just find it funny that Goalie tried to justify WWE for doing it and made him/herself look like a schmuck for trying to suggest that it's ok since everyone is entitled to their opinion excuse.     

28 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't think the WWE should be "crapped" on for selling out.    Tonnes of big time celebrities /  singers  sell out to dictators and very bad people in the past and nobody crapped on them for taking an easy pay cheque.    

I just find it funny that Goalie tried to justify WWE for doing it and made him/herself look like a schmuck for trying to suggest that it's ok since everyone is entitled to their opinion excuse.     

You don't get it. Women and little girls were in the crowd. They wouldnt have been 5 years ago. Things dont change over night. But change is happening there. You missed the point completely. I didn't say it was ok that women arent allowed to wrestle. I basically said.. In a few years They will be. Lets pretend new japan who doesnt have any female wrestlers went there. What would you say then? You cant force your beliefs on other people. In time, women will wrestle. The fact they were In the crowd is a huge huuge,, jm not sure if you understand how huuge of a thing that is. Talk to people from there, they are friendly and very nice, they will tell you the same, change is happening... Its just not happening all at once.. Baby steps.. You have to crawl b4 u walk.. They are crawling and will soon be walking. Who are you to tell another country what they should or shouldnt do anyways. I hope you go there one day.. I was in Dubai a while ago.. Im not sure u understand the cultural differences. FFS, there was a break so they could have a 15 minute prayer

Edited by Goalie

To quote you again:

Doesn't mean they are wrong either.

How can this be interpreted in any other way then you (Goalie) doesn't think it's a bad idea that women are treated inferior and that equality is over rated?    

No way you can dig yourself out of the hole,  it's pretty straight forward. 

I just found it funny how you are trying to misdirect and back pedal on making a dumb statement.       

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You don't get it. Women and little girls were in the crowd. They wouldnt have been 5 years ago. Things dont change over night. But change is happening there. You missed the point completely. I didn't say it was ok that women arent allowed to wrestle. I basically said.. In a few years They will be. Lets pretend new japan who doesnt have any female wrestlers went there. What would you say then? You cant force your beliefs on other people. In time, women will wrestle. The fact they were In the crowd is a huge huuge,, jm not sure if you understand how huuge of a thing that is. Talk to people from there, they are friendly and very nice, they will tell you the same, change is happening... Its just not happening all at once.. Baby steps.. You have to crawl b4 u walk.. They are crawling and will soon be walking. Who are you to tell another country what they should or shouldnt do anyways. I hope you go there one day.. I was in Dubai a while ago.. Im not sure u understand the cultural differences. FFS, there was a break so they could have a 15 minute prayer

A professional wrestling card will help to change thousands of years of Saudi society? Come on, man. that is just plain stupid. (Not you but your entire argument). You just dig deeper with every post you make on this subject.

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'd have no issue going out there since I am able to make decisions,   try on clothes at stores,  go for a swim,  compete in sports,  not have to cover myself in a black abaya,  retain custody of my child if for some reason i married and got divorced over there,  get plastic surgery,  travel,  open a bank account and I'd have more rights then a robot head.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/kidspost/saudi-arabia-grants-robot-rights-that-women-there-dont-have/2017/11/01/e4a532b8-ba91-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.86927dc344d0

My wife wouldn't really like visiting though since she can't do any of the above and much more...

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

A professional wrestling card will help to change thousands of years of Saudi society? Come on, man. that is just plain stupid. (Not you but your entire argument). You just dig deeper with every post you make on this subject.

Hey it worked in Rocky 4 for bringing down communism!  

There were women in the crowd because their male guardians allowed them to go. They had no free will in deciding.  They were not permitted to attend of their own volition. 

Heres the big thing, doing a show there is one thing. WWE sold themselves to the Saudi’s a propaganda tool. They didn’t just do a show. They were ambassadors for the Saudi government. 

There was talk Saudi resisted giving Heyman a visa. And zayn wasn’t there because of his ethnicity. The more comes out the worse it sounds 

but...to specify the issue here, @Goalie I don’t think you really meant what you said but you said it. But it’s worth moving on from  

What we can’t debate is wwe sold themselves to Saudi as a propaganda tool.  Each of us can choose whether we think that is appropriate or not  

Anyway...is the Roman/Vince love affair over?